Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
March 29, 2024, 03:05:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Belongs Here?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Belongs Here?  (Read 176 times)
- Makenshi -
Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Administrator
Writer

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Science-Fiction & Science Fantasy: if it involves people doing ridiculous things I like it

Oh Crap...Not Again...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: March 18, 2007, 06:28:30 am »

Quote from: True Believer
Miscellaneous... It is rather wide, isn't it? So, what belongs here? Impossible to say. People will always find new ways to express their creativity, and I, for one, will not be the one to stand in their way.

What I will do, however, is tell you what does not belong here. Even then, I will probably miss some things, but I trust you, the members of this board, to be responsible and wise enough to know the difference between 'miscellaneous', and cluttering up the board.

So, what does not belong here?

1/ Poems or stories that you would like to describe as 'randomness' (see the links here), but which are really stories simply in need of more work. We appreciate your work, but please, do not see this board as an excuse to post unfinished work. On the point of poems and stories, it should be very clear, by the way, that if it can be placed anywhere else, it should not be placed here. In the case of poems and stories thus, they go in the Poetry or Stories boards. I moderate the Poetry board, so if it becomes too random, I may move it here. I trust Wurzelmaniac will do the same, though this is not, of course, to become a dumping ground of sorts.

2/ Not-writings. As miscellaneous as Miscellaneous may be, Original Writings is still what it claims to be: Original Writings. Lyrics (written by YOU ), random writings and, indeed, everything else, do belong here. Essays (and maybe some other prose too) do too. But many of you are familiar with 40KO. This is not to become 'the discussion board'. We will help you with the build-up and actual writing of an essay, but this will never become a place like this one. That is a good board, but not what this one is about.

I will leave this topic open for now, if further questions should arise.

That about sums up what the 'creativing writing that doesn't fit into any other category' in the board description means.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 06:39:26 pm by Makenshi » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum