Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
April 19, 2024, 12:12:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kiva scene (One-shot)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiva scene (One-shot)  (Read 289 times)
Seer Fox
The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:56:32 pm »

(A very short piece that came to me a couple of days ago. I don't know if I'll ever attempt to expand on it, but I dunno. Some of you may recognise the names from some of my previous works. Enjoy!)

She was going to hurt him. Kiva decided on this course of action a couple of hours ago when she was supposed to take the pills. She was out, and he was asleep. The two of them were getting too close; sooner or later he was going to make a move, Kiva knew it. She could still trace the shape of skin on her lips, despite her having left six hours ago for supplies. Probably to make more **** pills. Keep the machinery ticking over.

That’s the only reason she was interested in him; the machine to go with the man. At least that’s what she told herself. She couldn’t let it happen. She wouldn’t let it happen.

Kiva convulsed on the bed, her head slamming dully against the wall. Not painful enough to wake him up…not yet. That was good, the more time that passed the less he could do about it. She could already feel the skin prickle against her cheek and collar.

She looked to the drawer by her side, where the knife was. She’d been pacing around the narrow shack for hours, thinking about what to do, tracing her hand across her body. She could…still feel it. He hadn’t gone all the way yet though, she knew that at least, but how many times had he been sneaking these embraces in on the sly, when she was asleep? She looked back to the drawer. She didn’t know why she bothered; the knife was pointless. It wouldn’t stop what was happening between the two of them.

But not taking the pills would.

Kiva hadn’t been able to stop her hand from shaking for the last five minutes. She hated looking at it; she hated looking at anything with her eye. Everything seemed so…insincere when she looked at it. Her hand still shook; she couldn’t make a fist. Closing an eye, her eye, she looked down at his arm. Cold. Unmoving. Gods she was a monster! Her juddering hand managed to find her face. There was something damp on it. She was a freak. How could anyone want something like her? How could SHE want this?! At least her parents couldn’t see what a pathetic ‘thing’ their daughter had grown up to be.

A sharp spasm rode up her spine and she gurgled through gritted teeth. Was it starting now? She looked to her collar. The skin was bubbling. Another minute would do it. She wouldn’t want him soon. Would she? Kiva didn’t know…well she DID, but she didn’t want it. She DIDN’T want it. This was her body, and what they were doing was just wrong. A finger vibrated along wet lips again. It seemed so…soft. When had they kissed? Kiva had never really kissed before, just once behind a shack, but she didn’t recall it ever lingering this long for her. And this kiss wasn’t even hers. Was it even a kiss? Her collar was beginning to hurt. Her face pounded.

Yes, she was going to hurt him alright. She gave an involuntary whine, tears streaming freely now. This was pathetic. She was being pathetic…and she was scared. She could almost feel her face twitching over to his side now. She’d hidden the pills, there was no going back.

Anyone…Therne…she wished she had a hand to hold. Or someone to hold.

He woke up with a start as the first strings of flesh started to move over the metal side of her arm and face, the pain of them latching on, twisting around, almost caused her teeth to shatter from clenching them so tightly. Half a second later the spasming got so bad she fractured her spine falling off the bed. Stupid ****, what’d she done? Kiva was panting, going into shock as the nerves began to entwine around her wires, cartilage rings grinding around her throat. There was nothing but a furious white for her true eye to see. She hadn’t taken the pills, she hadn’t taken the **** pills! What the **** was she thinking?!
The bone was trying to force its way through the metal now, Kiva could hear it cracking and splintering against the strain while her bared nerves strangled the pistons that worked her shoulder blade. A vein ran up her neck and got sliced apart by another convulsion, trapped between two separate copper plates. She could feel her arm rapidly start to become ‘his’ arm as an eye-sac attempted to form where her bionic replacement had taken residence; it felt like someone was throwing vinegar on it.
She was screaming and she didn’t even realise it. I could barely move her arm at all, it was seizing up, contorted. Her cheekbone was trying to grow now, piercing and rubbing against the piping that had replaced it. Kiva could feel him trying to move, get to the table. They weren’t in the table anymore. She’d hidden them. No-one would love them now. I tried to move the robotic arm over to the table, it was the only thing not shaking. It tore the sinews growing around it there apart; my scream mingling with hers for a second as huge globules of pink flesh jammed underneath the brass and nickel, seizing the action up at the shoulder. I managed to get to the table. I could stop this. What the **** was she thinking?!

Kiva could almost feel her throat, his throat, getting crushed as the other half of the windpipe tried to reform itself, blood dribbling onto her vest as uncovered vessels burst under the pressure applied to them. Swirling dots were beginning to cloud her vision as she felt him frantically start pulling open the drawers. She’d hurt him. I asked her where she hid the pills, but all she kept on screaming was **** YOU, **** YOU. I couldn’t get up off the floor. I think she damaged my spine, and our current predicament wasn’t allowing my body to fix it. I contorted again, ripping a drawer out to send it flying across the room. The arm was starting to get covered in skinless muscles, jerking it all over the place, fibres tearing before reforming in even worse places. She was crazy.

Kiva was…sad? She couldn’t feel that tingle on her lips anymore. Just wet iron. It was worth it, wasn’t it? Nariko loved him…but it wasn’t right. How could anyone love this?! She was just making her see that. Just making her see a monster. Making her see it right now, as they lay there, bones crunching against machinery. I could hear the shopping drop, and tried to look at her, though my vision was marred by a creeping retina. Kiva had quieted down to a sob now, losing consciousness from the ordeal. So was I. Trying to move my arm to her, all I managed to do was to crack the warped femur that was wrapping about the hydraulics, fracturing it. My cheek was wet with rust. It hurt. I could barely hear her come over and hold me. Hold me...

“Kiva! BASTILLE!!”

Nariko…She didn’t take them…

“BASTILLE!! WHAT HAPPENED?! WHO DID THIS?!”

Nariko…Look at us…

“BASTILLE!!”

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rincewind
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:31:19 pm »

Interesting. Well written. Although to be honest I am not ENTIRELY what was actually happening. The descriptions were good but in my mind was this big half metal half person type mass of blood and **** rolling around. Dunno if that's what you intended. I am tired though, so maybe i'll read it again when I wake up  Cheesy

How is Uni going by the way? Still doing that Creative Writing course?
Report Spam   Logged

Winner of many imaginary awards, including the Nobel Prize for being the first to make a bottomless beer can.
Seer Fox
The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:02:37 pm »

Haha! Ah, it'd probably be clearer if I included her picture...

This one'll do. I'm hoping to improve on it though.

And Uni's going...pretty good. The Creative Writing bit is half poetry, so I'm not QUITE enjoying it as much as I rightfully should. Now that we're on the short story part of it, it's likely I'll have time to do more of these short bits and bobs. What're you doing these days?

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Rincewind
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:59:06 am »

Yeah the picture does clear things up, nice work. As for me, I is currently doing a degree in Media which is ass really but meh they always say the first year sucks. Bring on more tidbits like this!
Report Spam   Logged

Winner of many imaginary awards, including the Nobel Prize for being the first to make a bottomless beer can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum