Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
March 28, 2024, 03:16:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.  (Read 6077 times)
Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Steampunk

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2007, 02:59:09 am »

Manuscript is such a dated word.  I should use it more often.  I like using obscure words.  Though, then people give me weird looks.  I get enough of them, but it never really bugged me.  Though, people who fake interest in my hobbies annoy me.  Moreso when it's painfully apparent that they have no real interest.  I told someone that I knew they didn't care about my hobbies (I think it was magic cards at the time) and a teacher yelled at me for being rude to him.  She was a **** anyway.  She didn't allow us to talk at lunch.  She used a cookie monster with saxaphone toy to try and quiet us down.  It was pretty funny actually.  I got in trouble once when she was subbing, and I had to read a science text book.  It was kind of weird.  I remember this project in it where we had to make up species(dragons to be specific) and describe their habitat and how or why they evolved to live there.  I thought it was pretty lame, and I loved dragons at that time.  Only good thing was I got to draw.

Next word; Antidisestablishmentarianism (courtesy of Mak)
Report Spam   Logged

In a poll of Columbia\'s grad school of journalism, 57% believe in ESP, 57% in dowsing, 47% in the ability to read a person aura, and 25 believe in the lost continent of Atlantis

To the River Red, across the ochre steppe
A thousand fathers killed,
A thousand virgin daughters spread with swords still wet,
With swords still wet with the blood of their dead
Tau Worlock
Fool! Reviewers Have No Need For Sleep!
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2007, 12:11:20 pm »

Antidisestablishmentarianism now that is a long word, I don’t know a lot about the Church of England and the origin of the word but I have to say 28 letters? In other languages no problem but in English? 28 letters, that word is longer than if one listed the alphabet. Then again it contains two prefixes and three (if I can count) suffixes. Lets add another prefix then: counterantidisestablishmentarianism

Next word: Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu (and yes it is a word, and no I can not prenounce it)
Report Spam   Logged
Seer Fox
The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2007, 04:58:34 pm »

Manuscript. Written stuff...like a dictionary...like WHAT THIS THREAD HAS TURNED INTO. I despair sometimes, I really do. I despair even more what with my aching joints. I'm getting too old for work, just hand me my slippers and smoking jacket. I'll pour the brandy. That's a nice pencil, I've managed to draw lots of stuff with it...but not write a manuscript! Ahaha!

Next word: Misdreavus.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Tau Worlock
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2007, 09:58:09 am »

Misdreavus?

Does not ring a bell, taking of bell I heard the church bell at one in the morning yesterday (no that would be today), bit annoying as I was trying to sleep, and not listen to the bell. Why do they have to ring at night at all, nobody is really there to listen and any who are should be asleep. Unless they happened to be an insomniac. And then they should not be outside a small CoE church at one in the morning, I’m sure the pubs are still open by that time so why are they not there.

Next word: depth

Report Spam   Logged
jazen
Novelist

A smile costs little but gives much treat sum1 2 1

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2007, 09:20:56 am »

Depth,
hmm lots of things are said to have depth,
people, stories, characters, swimming pools, the ocean
hmm the ocean, clear and blue, it would be a nice day to go to the beach today I think,
if we were anywhere near the beach that is,
the sky is blue at the moment with only a few white clouds
of course having said that I have probably jinxed it
and we will be back to the rain that we have had for the past few weeks and maybe a few storms

oh yeah I need to give someone a new word don't I,
nearly forgot about that for a moment,
been forgetting lots of things recently,
cant think of anyothers, but Im sure I have.
never mind,
anyway
how about
noise,
presents,
parties,
nah none of those sound right, a bit like my spelling at the moment
hmm,
joke? nah
celebration? no

ah I've got it

next word: birthday
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,
I will be out of the country - and away from internet - for the next 2-3 weeks.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step,
A story of a thousand words starts with a single thought.
Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2007, 10:09:18 pm »

I love birthdays.  I still enjoy the idea of it being 'you're special day'.  Ok, maybe not so much as when I was younger.  But I do like when my mom makes me a cake.  My father's birthday is the day before mine.  He'll always remind me that his birthday is the day before mine, whenever I mention birthdays.  Like, if I say 'It's my birthday this weekend', he'll immediately respond 'Yeah?  Mine too!'  He's certainly a smartass at times.  Of course, I've adopted many of his more...annoying traits.  I suppose apples really don't fall far from the tree.

Next word: Paintbrush
Report Spam   Logged

In a poll of Columbia\'s grad school of journalism, 57% believe in ESP, 57% in dowsing, 47% in the ability to read a person aura, and 25 believe in the lost continent of Atlantis

Tau Worlock
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2007, 10:32:29 am »

Paintbrush? I rather have a pencil , or maybe a pen, then I could writ something, though come to think of it a comp would be better for my writing as I will at least catch some spelling problems. Somebody should invent spellcorecting pens, so that when your right it corrects any mistakes you make.

The next word shall be totally random.
The random keyes I hit got me

fdhbd

which the spell checker turned into dhobi
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:56:39 am by Tau Worlock » Report Spam   Logged
Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2007, 07:56:36 pm »

DOohbie. DOH! The yellow kit kat fingers! Money or chocolate, money or chocolate...haha. I thought '****' when Worlock said 'penile'. I need to stop hanging around on 4Chan.

4 CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!! Says Tom Green. As well as....a barrel roll?

Do a barrel roll, Fox! Your father said that too, Fox! Man, I better get around to reviewing Bakerman's story already...

Next word: Penumbra

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Tau Worlock
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2007, 10:23:15 am »

Penumbra I know I have seen this word before, Latin? Or Greek?
Something to do with shadows, tough one wont see any today, something to do with the ocean outside the door, and I really did not want to go uphill swimming today. That is so exhausting as the river pulls you down the entire time, not to mention wet

Why does water have to be soooooooooooooo wet, it is really annoying at times.

Next word: drenched
Report Spam   Logged
jazen
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2007, 10:31:35 am »

drenched,
that would be what i was when i arrived at that prison that we like to call school, actually drenched would be a slight understatement.
joy of joys sports day cancelled so i have even more lessons than i expected today, spending time sitting down with fellow prisoners listening to the jailors trying to impart useless knowledge onto us when all they want to be is as far away from us as possible and all we want is to be out of here having fun.
oh and water is wet because water is wet, it would not be water if it was not wet. It can be useful, i would just prefer it if it rained when i want it to rain rather than when i don't.
next word: assylum
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,

Tau Worlock
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2007, 10:17:20 am »

Asylum?

I don’t want to be looked up. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I rather eat a cake, anybody got any?

No?
Shame on you, no cake in this asylum. And they call it a proud institution.

Say hello

Hello

And you are?

The Other hand.

Whaa?

Well I don’t expect you to understand hand, you have no brain.

That no fair, Other hand you will pay for that

Next word: other
Report Spam   Logged
jazen
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2007, 08:42:05 am »

other
hmm i would quite like to start the other chocolate bar,but maybe i should have the lovely melon first.
my bags are packed
im ready to go
John Denver song, and how true, Kent here I come,
what joy, would prefer to be at home replying to all the other posts on the forum, or reading a book or the other book. got lots of books to read, but am only taking a few, people complain my bags are to heavy, they probably are, but i cant survive without my books.
other other other hmm
which coat should i take this one or the other one,

Next word: camping
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,

Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2007, 08:02:17 pm »

My cousins like to camp alot.  They spent about two weeks hiking and camping last summer.  They only spent like...50 dollars in gas thanks to their prius.  Hybrid cars seem pretty popular lately.  I'm just waiting for cheap hybrids, or hybrid SUVs.  That's when I think hybrids will really shoot off.  The american public won't be giving up their big trucks anytime soon.  I really can't blame them.  Most suvs are rather comfortable and are definately a family car.

Next word: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2007, 08:07:07 pm »

I have a love-hate relationship with red hot chili peppers.  Sure, they taste great in tacos or chili, but sometimes they're so damned hot they feel like they're burning your face off.  And then later on they can give you the shits, if your body doesn't take to them well enough.

And trust me, you don't want to be near me on that day.

Huh?  Who?  Oh, the band Red Hot Chili Peppers?  Meh...they give me gas too.

Next word : photo
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

jazen
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2007, 08:55:41 am »

Photo:
A snapshot of life,
A glance back to the past,
A reminder of the way things used to be,
A memory,
A picture says a thousand words,
A photo tells a story,
Captures a smile forever,
So that the good times can always be remembered,

Next word: holidays
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2007, 03:03:25 am »

Holidays aren't really holidays. They're alot of work drumm drum drum cleaning the whiteboards gluing the whiteboards cutting the glue off the whiteboards GET A JOB CHRIS I have a job no YOU DON'T GRAA GRAA GRAA move the boxes in, take the stuff out, repack it, take the boxes away GET A LOAN, CHRIS, I'm trying no sorry sir we can't WHY NOT?! Oh and by the way digs aren't in the right place, so you're ****.

MAN Holidays **** me off. Can't wait for that sweet sweet uni.

Next Word: Symmetry.

And stop that faggy structuring. You never fail to **** me off by bringing order to what should be chaos by design.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

jazen
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2007, 02:14:37 pm »

symmetry.
what is that if not structure,
what is on one side is exactly the same as what is on the other,
like a butterflies wings, as long as they arn't torn I guess, but even then.
lots of things in nature are symetrical,

Next word: torn
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,

Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2007, 06:06:29 pm »

I have a torn pair of paints.  There is a hole in the knee and everyone feels that they must point that out to me.  Yes, I know I have a hole in my knickers, I didn't notice that.  It's as if they treat me like I don't look at the clothing I wear in the morning.  Maybe they're saying I have a bad sense in fashion. 

I hate people who get obsessed with fashion and have to wear the hot new item.  I watch girls walk around in the middle of summer with fur snow boots.  It puzzles me that those are comfortable in the heat.  Then they go and wear miniskirts till it's only 20 degrees outside. 

I use to be very intolerant of the weather, but now I feel like I'm always cold.  I once shoveled snow in shorts and a t-shirt.  That was fun.

Next word is: shank
Report Spam   Logged

Razyus
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

Ah a shank of lamb. That tasty morsel to sit upon the shelf for it’s own short eternity. Shame it is a non-sentient object. In fact. I’d go so far as to say it was the type of object that could never be sentient. And bloody hell people keep speaking to me.

Anyway, on the topic of a shank, I find it slightly odd that a subject as such could come from something so inanimate, yet strangely enough I feel the incessant need to carry on writing in a way that my body won’t let me stop.

Except now to use the spell check feature. And so it is done! I hav raised the sword like cursor, without even stooping so low as to bring upwards my gift from mere peasants. It is a gift of fine nature a gift with no other. Oh, for god’s sake another typo.

The typo, shell of mortality, irresistible mistake to fall upon thine blade and damnation word that is how you spell thine. Ugh. And now I’m distracted by the door. How colleridge esque. I mean really. In fact I find it quite Ironic. Bah. To prepare for timed essay or not? I say not.

Well, next word: Pleasantry
Report Spam   Logged
Nomad5
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2008, 01:29:17 pm »

Pleasantry. What can I say about Pleasantry? It keeps to itself, which is pleasant enough (har har) but why? Why does it sit in a corner nursing a solitary beer when other words are out dancing and partying all night long? Does it have any friends? What does it like?

What does Pleasantry, find pleasant?

Maybe I should get to know it. Introduce it to something with nice curves. Like Curvaceous. She's a nice girl, not too big except where it counts. But maybe that's not its thing. Maybe it perfers... words of the same type? Pleasantry Nice. Pleasantry Awesome. Pleasantry Great? Nah, maybe not.

Ah well, it's ****. Except it isn't. (har har)

Bad jokes! They ain't pleasant. ry. Ugh. I think I see it now. With such an attention **** for a sister, it's no wonder Pleasantry gets such little spot-light. Why use pleasantry when you can use pleasant? I mean, it's shorter, nicer to say and only charges you 2 syllables. Maybe if Pleasantry would just lower it's standards, it could get just as many men as pleasantly, the poor man's pleasant.

Ah well, I tried. Next word : Trebuchet

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum