Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
April 20, 2024, 08:20:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.  (Read 6133 times)
Spainops
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Sci fi and anything out of the ordinary (or so I hope).

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2008, 11:30:51 pm »

trebuchet.... Yet another one of man's machines of destruction. Why exactly do we adore so the weapons of murder, the bringers of death and the cold kissers of the afterlife? Why do we feel the need to play God and take lives on our whim?

Why am I asking so many damn questions? Why am I curious? Why does curious mean that we're interested and inquisitive about the nature of something? Why won't I shut up? Because five minutes haven't gone by yet, that's why.

'Tis so easy to observe the superficiality of the world, but what can be said of the nature underneath? If you look at a tree, is that all you see? Or can you see that which is within it?

Can you see its purpose? Can you observe the flow of time, can you make out the imprint on destinty?

Life is so much more than what we take it to be, that sometimes we forget how human beings have the same lives as us. But they don't live like us you say? That's because I say they have the same lives as us, not the same lifestyle, punk.

Trebuchets, wooden wunders (I mean wonders) of the past, archaic and deadly. Now we just have metal, aluminum and instant death.

Who hooo!!!

That's five. Next word: Destiny.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:51:23 am by Spainops » Report Spam   Logged

True power does not reside in the weapon, it resides in the wielder. - Narion Anarte, Phoenix of Narde.

Vengeance is served on a plate of knives. - Neforas, Chosen of Duriel.

I may look human, but that's just because you're blind. - Narion Aarach.
Nomad5
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2008, 08:37:13 am »

Destiny, a creation of the human mind or in fact an omnipresent diety, ever watchful and ever spiteful. Indeed, this question has plagued us (or the ancient greeks at least) for an age and more. If indeed it is but a creation of the human mind, it could be easily conquered. Simply to shut it out and that would be that, another myth slain.

But it wouldn't explain anything would it? The Overdog and the Underdog, the million to one chances. And Luck, which is seemingly slanted on a daily basis judging on who god feels like playing with today. But I digress, Destiny in itself seems to have been spawned by the mother of all creation, the human mind, but much like its siblings has fully grown into something much more.

It intervenes at every step and infiltrates every facet of the overly superstitious human mind. Opressor or saviour, it thwarts the evil and rewards the good (rarely vice-versa, that honour belongs to luck again, that fickle mistress) forever the universal scale. Perhaps Destiny is Justice, the two making homes on opposite sides of a coin. Perhaps it would explain why it is so haphazard in its own implementation, after all, Justice is blind, perhaps Destiny is too.

That's pretty **** wordy. Lots of psychobabble there. On that note...

Next Word - Psychiatrist.
Report Spam   Logged
Moonwolf
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Poetry, Prose, Fantasy, Comedy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2008, 02:29:57 am »

Psychiatrist. I had a Psychology class last semester. The professor taught us the difference between Psychiatrist and Psychologist...the former can prescribe medication, the other can only listen to you. I loved that professor, though. Its great to see ones that love the subject they teach. One thing I've always wondered about psychiatrists is what gives them the right to know me better than me? The initial reaction might be that they have a different perspective that is an outside, unbiased, objective one that can be helpful in seeing your troubles in a different way. However, can't a friend do that? Or any human for that matter? Don't we all have our own unique perspective of the world that no one else but us sees and understands?

For instance I am at home, on my couch, contemplating seeing a movie later this evening, and typing on my laptop right now. Reading this a person would just assume that I am at a desk, sitting in a nice comfy chair, typing on my desktop computer, maybe even picture me in a spot very similar to their own. A person reading this might even wonder, now that I mentioned I am contemplating seeing a movie, what movie I am considering seeing. Or now that I mention it, a person reading this might want to go see a movie themselves. So, ha! I have just sent a subconscious message out to all reading this because of my understanding of the human mind and (semi)mastery of the English language. Does this make me a psychiatrist?

As for that word "movie" it sounds like something a child would say. "What's that four legged drooling animal, dear?" "Its a doggie!" "And what's that with the moving images?" "Its a movie!" Man I love the English language!  Grin

I might have exceeded my five minutes....Ah well, the next word shall be....COUCH!
Report Spam   Logged
Nomad5
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2008, 11:24:35 am »

A couch, a member of the family of objects to which being lazy comes naturally. Unfortunately, people who are around or on the couch seem to aquire said trait. People soon become one with the couch, forever slouching, eyes unfocused fingers forever tapping in an effort to find a chanel that does not suck complete ass.

Otherwise couches make good cover, the choice piece for goons and henchmen everywhere, forever the shield against the otherwise metaphorical or literal sword of the carefree hero/heroine. Though the stone wall and the sandbag are arguably much better at stopping bullets the couch is much better at being lept behind.

Fail to vault over a couch and the only thing that might happen is you land on the comfy couch seat. Fail to vault over a stonewall leads to a mild to serious concussion and the possibility that the bullets that you were running away from might actually hit you. This is unfair since bullets are fairly indiscriminate in their choice of targets but who's to complain? Not I.

Phew, I think that's 5 minutes. Next word is...

Blitzkrieg.
Report Spam   Logged
Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Steampunk

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2008, 10:45:25 pm »

Mmm...blitzkrieg.  Ok, I don't really get it that much.  Just like the sound to it, one of those odd, minor war fetishes.  You know, something to make it sound like you know your military tactics.  I honestly don't know how it works, or at least not specifically.  Something about quick, lightnening raids and tanks.  Eh, not that important I suppose.

Ever feel like some sort of stand up comedian while writing these bits.  Kind of gotta make it flow, you know?  You get these little bits where you're just saying 'yadda, yadda, yadda'.  Killing time till the next thing hits you.  I almost want to say 'Uh, and such as, and by the way' in between each point.  Of course, sometimes I just make a random jump from here to there.  There ain't no bridge between blitzkrieg and stand up comedians, unless Hitler hired some joker to stand on his tanks and crack some bad german humor at the french.  Many laughs to be had there.

Kegger.
Report Spam   Logged

In a poll of Columbia\'s grad school of journalism, 57% believe in ESP, 57% in dowsing, 47% in the ability to read a person aura, and 25 believe in the lost continent of Atlantis

To the River Red, across the ochre steppe
A thousand fathers killed,
A thousand virgin daughters spread with swords still wet,
With swords still wet with the blood of their dead
Moonwolf
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Poetry, Prose, Fantasy, Comedy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2008, 04:13:44 pm »

Kegger. Hmmm....Well I'm not a drinker, although I've been around it enough as my group's official "designated driver". I've never really been to any of those college "parties" as my friends and I all go to different colleges (or some of them went straight to work instead). So we have our own kind of "parties" that involve just us, usually a board game of some type (most often "Apples to Apples"), and a LOT of giggling. Those are some fun weekends. Everyone stumbling around and the giggling....oh the giggling. I've never seen nor heard a group of 5 large guys giggle before until I started being my D&D group's designated driver. And as much as they don't want to admit it, they can all get fairly high pitched >_<

I am not being honest to my first thought, however, as this thread is supposed to be. My first thought upon seeing "kegger" was not of some type of party, but of a little troll carrying a really big wooden keg. The Witchfire thread I just posted on has me thinking about the Iron Kingdoms world, I guess. My friend plays Trollbloods and I converted his little "Kegger" by adding an arrow in the side of the keg with little bits of beer foaming where the arrow penetrated. I'm no expert converter, but I thought it was cool. I definitely think he's cute and he's always my first thought when people say the word "kegger". I guess I'm just a geek like that.

Should be about five minutes, maybe a little less.

Well I'm in Geology class so the prof's got me thinking and I think the next word will be......."Extinction"! Or, if you prefer, "Mass Extinction"!
Report Spam   Logged
Nomad5
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2008, 10:02:37 am »

Mass extinction has never been much of a motive for villains these days, but remember those old mustache twirlers? Those chronic kidnappers of old? What happened to the villain who wanted nothing more than the destruction of an entire species, a penultimate end to those meddling do-gooders and their inevitable offspring?

Indeed, now all we have are the so-called 'anti-heroes' and the villains who actually have a proper purpose to drive their devilish schemes. No longer will the audiences of the world simply accept that the bad guy is right and properly **** in the head.

Bad or good? I have no idea. Perhaps there was no method behind this early madness. I'd like to keep going but I've missed the train of thought.

Next Word : Frustration
Report Spam   Logged
Travwri
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2008, 08:23:13 am »

Equality is something that James pretends he wants. Everyone pretends to want it, except for M.I.T. professors, because we know our meager intellects would be strangled by the weight of meritocracy. James disentangles himself from his snoring wife, makes a pot of weak cofee, and hopes nothing bad will happen today. He turns on CNN. He remembers that he forgot to buy milk. Uninvited, his day begins. He sighs.

Next word: blossom   
Report Spam   Logged
Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Steampunk

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2008, 12:01:12 am »

I've only heard of two things ever blossoming, people and flowers.  Seeing as I don't like either, I really don't care that much.  In the case of flowers, the only good thing that comes from it is pretty colors and faint smells.  People just get bigger, hairier and smellier.  I think I'd prefer to talk about flowers.

I bought a flower for my prom date, for her corsage.  When I picked it up the day of, I looked at it and it looked half dead.  The two main flowers where already curling at the end and looked a bit wilted.  Not really noticeable but not what I had imagined.  What's kind of funny is when I had to order the corsage, the lady kept asking me these questions like 'Oh, what color dress is your date wearing?  What pattern is on it?  Do you want silk or cloth ribbon?'  All these silly things I really don't care about it.  Everytime she asked me something, I looked to my mother, who shrugged.  I then turned back to the botanist, or whatever you'd call her, and shrug myself.  She would say and put down whatever the generic answer is.  My mom thought it would take something like twenty minutes to order, but it took all of five. 

My five are now done and my new word is Bone Marrow.  Ok, two words.
Report Spam   Logged

In a poll of Columbia\'s grad school of journalism, 57% believe in ESP, 57% in dowsing, 47% in the ability to read a person aura, and 25 believe in the lost continent of Atlantis

To the River Red, across the ochre steppe
A thousand fathers killed,
A thousand virgin daughters spread with swords still wet,
With swords still wet with the blood of their dead
jazen
Novelist

A smile costs little but gives much treat sum1 2 1

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2008, 07:29:13 am »

Hmm, Bone Marrow
I was never much good with biology i'm afraid. Physics I enjoy, Chemistry and Biology, not so much - though that may have been something to do with the teachers.
It's something to do with bone's though, I think its inside them, though I couldn't be certain. I could look it up but I won't.
I know this though. Without Bones we would just be a puddle on the floor, a wobbling jelly. So Bone Marrow must be pretty important.
Can't think of much else to say, just under 2 minutes left I think.
Hmm.
I wonder when the biology exams are. Doesnt matter I guess, not for me anyway. It's a useful subject don't get me wrong. I'm just not much good with it.
Ooh. Over ran there sorry. Was thinking.

Next word (and yes I know a lot of you may hate it - but I know someone who LOVES them):

Exams
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,
I will be out of the country - and away from internet - for the next 2-3 weeks.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step,
A story of a thousand words starts with a single thought.
Seer Fox
The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2008, 12:42:14 pm »

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! My exams are over and done with. Gone, gone! SAAAAY MY NAAAAAMMMEEEE!!!!

So that leaves me with lots of with...with? Let's try that again. That leaves me freee to do all the things I've been utting off due to having to get exams out of the way. I can start drawing again, start up on that imagination book, there are a few other short stories I want to do, a novel to start, a game to design and program (though that part is driving me mad, currently). There's no end to it all!

Honestly, I don't know where to start.

Alrighty then, the next word shall be: Illuminate

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

jazen
Novelist

A smile costs little but gives much treat sum1 2 1

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2008, 02:54:12 pm »

illuminate
illuminating
shining light on things
revealing hidden objects

The moon at night, the sun during the day
shine their light, those beatiful rays

I'd like to be on the beach, watching moon beams reflecting off the sea, illuminating objects - gold coins, white skin. All glows in the night with the moon above.

Illuminati, anyone read the Davinci Code?
Whats the name of that box thing, the one that if openned wrongly broke and released vinegar, so the paper couldnt be read. Oh Papyrus, not paper sorry.

Next word: cryptex
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,
I will be out of the country - and away from internet - for the next 2-3 weeks.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step,
A story of a thousand words starts with a single thought.
Nomad5
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2008, 12:23:14 pm »

The Paranoid and the Salesman. When these two twisted, brilliant minds come together then only logical conclusion is the Cryptex. Once a secure form of storage, a treasure hidden behind an impenetrable puzzle, it was lost in the swirling currents of history as man turned to better security innovations, most involving big men with even bigger sticks.

It has returned once more but in the most unlikely of forms. As a movie collectible. Who knows how many older Crpytex's scoff at the shiny new model, where the old guard existed as undecipherable conundrums to keep secrets behind a facade of steel and words the new guard merely exist as a novelty, a better looking, shiny model but nonetheless shallow and lacking soul.

And now, for a word that dosen't require Google.

Boobs.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum