Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
April 18, 2024, 03:36:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Rules of Original Writings

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules of Original Writings  (Read 772 times)
- Makenshi -
Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Administrator
Writer

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Science-Fiction & Science Fantasy: if it involves people doing ridiculous things I like it

Oh Crap...Not Again...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: March 17, 2007, 12:28:16 am »

Spamming: Spamming is making posts like 'I agree' or posts that have nothing to do with the topic and are not tolerated.

Advertising: Don't advertise to other forums, online stores etc. without permission from an Admin, this is seen as advertising, will not be tolerated and will be dealt with strictly.

Bumping: Bumping is basically Digging up your own thread, in short don't do it, you will more than likely just get it locked instead.

Off-Topic: Please keep on topic, don't post something that has nothing to do with what the thread is about.

Crossposting: This is posting the exact same subject on several Boards, just stick to one Board. If you are unsure where to put it PM a global Mod or the Mod of one of the Boards you want to post in.

Flaming: Flaming is basically insulting someone and will not be tolerated. If someone Flames you do not reply back in the same way, simply inform a Global Mod or the Mod of the Forum the Flame is in and they will sort it out.

Trolling: Trolling is deliberately annoying someone or deliberately posting with the intent to start Flames (arguments) and will not be tolerated.

Webspeak: Do not post in webspeak (or 'TXT' for that matter) as some people may not speak English, may not wish to read it and I'm sure the majority of people would rather read a properly written reply.

Also please use punctuation, grammer etc. in your posts, indenting generally isn't worth it but if you leave a one line gap between each paragraph it will have the same effect.

Double Posting: There is an Edit button here for a reason, if you were the last poster to a thread but want to add something then Edit it on rather than posting a new thread.

The only instances where Double Posting is allowd is if you are writing a particulary long thread (i think the max characters is about 10k) or are updating somethign after a day or two.

Topic Titles: Please refrain from topic titles with all caps or with things like 'OMG!!! Look at this!!!!'. You only need one ! if any, the same with ? etc. so please don't overuse them.

Also try to make your title hint at what you will talk about, i know it sounds like stupid thing to ask but some people can be vague with their titles.

Finally: If you are unsure about anything e.g. whether something is suitable for a forum then PM a Mod, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Here is the list of Moderators.

Thank you for reading this Cheesy.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 02:53:24 am by Makenshi » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

shanerm09
Scribbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:46:36 am »

Thank you because I  find these rules helpful, and through this application we’re able to understand each other a little bit better. I  enjoyed this post. It contains many helpful examples and is, of course, a pleasure to read.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum