Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
April 18, 2024, 05:56:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Amanda's Lament (WIP)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda's Lament (WIP)  (Read 1116 times)
Avril_fan
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Young Adult, Sci-Fi

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 02:37:34 pm »

UPDATED SINCE OCT 2007

Prologue

What makes someone in love?

Is it pheromones? Physical appearance?

Or is there something deep within?

What makes a couple?

Is it just a boy and a girl?

Or is it more complicated?

I don’t have the answers – Mandy

Chapter One

My name is Amanda Emma Nash and I attend Buena Veria high school. I have long dirty-blonde hair; hazel eyes and somewhat white skin.  I have my grandmother Emma’s eyes and my grandfather Tom’s personality. 

He was a determined type of guy and he was always honest.  I wanted to be as confident as he was, but never knew how.   
I had spent five years of my life at my grandparent’s house; an old Gothic styled home that loomed over the country.  It was a dark place on the outside, but inside of it, I felt at home.  The house contented a network of mazes. Some of them seemed to go on forever, while others led nowhere. I saw the mazes as places of interest more than anything else. I was curious and wanted to know more. I made a small map of the mazes and was finished when I turned six. I never really knew my parents, because they weren’t a major part of my life.  I never met my mother, she was never around when I was growing up and I always wondered why she wasn’t there. 

I was delivered into the care of Mr. Arnold Nash when I was six years old.  I arrived by a car driven by Mr. J. Sheppard, a lawyer of my grandparents. He was a tall man whose breath smelled of mint and alcohol. He was kind as he walked me to the door.

“Mr. Nash, you have legal custody of Amanda.  We will of course check in now and again to see if she is if she is in proper care.” Sheppard explained he went for the door. He gave me a smile before he took out something from his briefcase. “This is something that must be given to her when she becomes of age. It’s a sad thing when a child loses her parents. Such a tragic event indeed, I bid you farewell and hope she is in good hands.”

“I will take good care of her. I’ve never had children, but I will try to take good care of her.”

“I’m sure you will.”

Mr. Sheppard slowly drove down the street and that was last I saw of him. My grandparents died the week before.  I felt a deep sense of pain and for a moment I felt alone. It took me a while to adjust to the move.

I soon learned that Mr. Nash was an inventor of sorts.  He built things as a hobby and as a career.  He wasn’t as famous as other inventors were.  He was my distant cousin on my grandmother’s side. 

For my seventh birthday, he gave me a doll on a bike, which moved in a circle when I pulled the string. I had lost the bike when I turned eight. But I kept the3 doll to remember how happy I was at seven. I collected a lot of things as I grew up.  My favorite was Pete, the bike-less doll and my true favorite object was an old photo of my grandparents, which was dated January 1942.  I kept it, because it was the only thing I had of them.  I kept it near my bed since I was six.  Both of them looked younger than I remembered.  My grandfather looked twenty-one and my grandmother was twenty.  It was my favorite; because I hoped that one-day I’d find a true love like my grandfather did.     

Mr. Nash lived three miles from the Pacific.  He lived in a blue Victorian home.  He helped me set up my room on the second floor in a turret. I felt a new sense of peace as I grew up my new home. 

I first met Josie Harris, in fifth grade.  She was a weird kid back than and now as well.  I was parted up with her for an art protect.  She was friendly, but somewhat more relaxed than I was at the time.  I had never had many friends from pre-school to fourth grade.  I kept to my-self, because I was shy and nervous; most teachers wanted me to be more active and to be more into group activities.  I wanted to be in my own world.

“I won’t bite,” was the first words I heard from her.  She smiled at me and we soon after became friends.  We spent every day just talking about stuff we liked, whether it was music or boys, it didn’t matter.  She was my friend and I soon trusted her as much as if we were sisters.
I first met Marshall Baker at band camp.  He was a cute boy that I later grew to call my friend.  I remembered the first time I met him.  Well, actually I didn’t see him, cause he was caring a large suitcase at the time.  I went up to him from behind and asked, “Do you need help?”

He replied, “No thanks, I’m fine.”

He fell onto his suitcase. I wanted to laugh, but figured it was better not to. He told me he was worried about his piano skills during our first class together; once I had listened to him play the piano. He played a few notes, which were amazingly better, then, my performance. He was kind and very friendly to me. I was able to tell him anyway without worry or care. We dated a few years ago, but that failed in the end, although we decided to stay friends instead. I sometimes wondered if it was possible to become more than friends, than I’d realize that ship had already sailed.  He was a good friend, never jealous when I decided to date other guys.
I dated a young man named Ryan for three weeks.  We were a happy couple before I started to ask questions of where he’s been and why.
“Where have you been? Who were you with?” I asked suspicious of him as he sat next to me.  He smiled and told me he was busy and that he’d promise to make it up. He was nice until I realized something was off about him.  I walked into his room once and froze at the threshold. He was kissing another person. I than realized it was another guy. He was kissing another guy, which made me feel sick.  I wasn’t sure what to say as I stood there.

“So it meant nothing?”  I said as level as possible, but somewhat strain.  He looked up at me surprised flashed in his eyes. 

“I’m sorry, it’s just I love someone else.”

“So what about me?  Did you ever love me or was I just the girl to show to mom?  Because if that’s the cause than tell me, you don’t love me?”

“I care about you as a friend, but I can’t tell you how I felt about—“

“You felt love toward him, but not me.”

“Can we still be—?“

“Friends?  I guess, but I won’t lie to your mom, because she doesn’t support your love life.  You have to tell her the truth if it’s true love.  Love can’t be simply lied about.  That’s all I have to say.”  I turned and walked away.  I didn’t see him for three weeks after this incident.  He became a friend to me afterwards. 

I met Jessica Nelson, my close friend, two years after I met Marshall.  I remembered how I met her.  She was about a year older then me and I felt like she was my older sister.

“Hi, my names Jessica,” she said as she looked at me.

I wasn’t sure what to say, she was so pretty and I felt like a toad.  “Hi,” I managed.  I felt confused and nervous as I sat there. 

“You don’t have to be so nervous,” she said with a smile. “I’m perfectly harmless.”

I smiled somewhat relived as I said, “My names Amanda.”

“Cool name, I have a book on name meanings, if you want I can let you borrow it.”

“That be great,” I said feeling relieved and more relaxed.  I asked her if I could borrow the book and that I’d bring it back tomorrow.  I found out that my name was a Latin word meaning ‘lovable’, which made me feel more relaxed about love although I sometimes question it. We started to hang out more as the years went.   

She always looked very pretty especially when she wasn’t wearing make-up.  She grew out more than I did, if you know what I meant.  Let’s just say she was more curved than me.  She usually wore a pair of pants and a beautiful blouse.  She was kind of like a teacher, a mother and an older sister in one.

#

I looked around for a moment in my locker.  I had to find my history report.  Great.  This was really great.  I kept saying to my-self as I searched my locker for it.  It was due today and I couldn’t find it.  I closed my and tried to relax as I thought of a way to explain my missing report to Mr. Connie, my history teacher.  I smiled at how ironic this was.  I was always organized although today was an exception.  I was going to be latte for yet again. 

I looked up at this young girl as she stood besides me.  She smiled at me and I felt relaxed as she said, “Hi, my names Mia,” in a soft and charming voice.  I smiled at her as my stomach fluttered for a moment.

“Amanda, it’s nice to meet you, but I have to find my history report before I’m late for class.”

“Need some help?”  She asked with a smile.  I felt a smile come on as I looked at her.

“Thanks,” I said figuring that two heads were better than one.  I felt something race in my chest when I felt Mia near me.  It felt odd, I never felt this way about anyone before.  We smiled at each other before she handed me my history report.

Here you go,” she said before she turned and walked away. I shrugged her out of my mind as I headed down the hall toward my history class. I had more important things on my mind to worry about such as my relationship to Lucas. And yet, I felt attracted to her. I laughed at the thought. It was probably just a weird reaction that’s all.   I rushed into class before the bell rang. I felt relaxed as I took my seat next to Josie and Lucas.

“Hey Amanda, how was your summer?”  Josie asked me as I took my seat. 

“It was great, I got to visit my cousin in San Fran.  So how was your summer, Lucas?”

“It was O.K., I didn’t do much,” he said with a smile to me.

I paused, looked around and asked, “Hey where’s Marshall?”

“I don’t know,” replied Josie.  “I hope he’s still alive.”  Lucas and I gave her a look before she replied, “I’m just joking, of course, he’s still alive.”

Lucas and I frowned at each other before the teacher called my name.

“Amanda Nash?”  He said in a somewhat loud voice. 

“Here,” I replied.

“Jonathon Peterson?”

“So anyway,” I said to Lucas.  “So what’s the plan for Friday?”

“I’m not sure, maybe we could hang out near Joe’s Ice Cream Parlor.  I heard he’s doing the Weekend Special again.”
Josie frowned, as she said, “Didn’t he lose a lot of money on that deal?”

“I’m not sure.” I said as I checked my watch. I had a lot of classes this semester. I wasn’t sure how I was going to survive this. I had to get them finished before this year, so I could get fewer classes in my last year of school. I had become more disorganized as the day went. I lost my math homework and well it just went downhill from there.

“It’s not that interesting Amanda,” said Ms. Thompson as she handed me my romantic short story. “I mean it seems like you didn’t even try to put some effort in it. It’s not one of your best works.”

“Why isn’t it interesting?” I asked surprised at what she said. 

“Your characters are two dimensional and there’s not a lot of emotion.  It’s too simple and its honestly there’s not even a description of how they felt.  It’s just too straightforward.  Two people meet and fall in love without showing us how they feel about the other.  We, as readers, want images as a guide to what we’re reading, not some short story of how they liked each other and that’s it. I’m sorry, but I’m sure you’ll do better next time.”

I met up with Lucas later on. He told me he was busy and that he already had plans. I felt somewhat let down until I saw Mia. I simply told him that it was O.K. and that I was going to study with a new friend of mine. He smiled at me before he kissed me and then walked away. Mia smiled at me as she said, “Hi again, so who was that? Your boyfriend?”

“Yes,” I said with a smile. “So do you have a boyfriend?”

“I’m not into that whole love thing. So how long have you been together?”

“For a while now,” I said with a smile. I felt something toward her. It was hard to say what it was. I shrugged the thought completely away as I spoke up again. “So I’ll meet you at my house for our study date.”

“Yeah sure,” she said as she smiled at me and then headed down the hall. I had to admit she was pretty somehow I felt close to her. I shrugged the thought as I chided my-self again for thinking it. I was acting stupid and not being my normal self. I headed off to my house, a navy blue Victorian house near the coast. It was about three miles from the Pacific.  My father was usually working on his weird inventions to care about anything. I spent most of my time cleaning the house while he worked on his little toys.

“Hey dad,” I said as I looked up at him through a small door in the ceiling. 

“Yeah, what is it Amanda?”

“Is it O.K. if I have a friend come over to study?”

“Yeah, sure why not?”

I headed up to my room. I checked my calendar for the first time in three weeks. I frowned at how disorganized I was. I decided to clean up a bit before studying. It was my way of getting ready to do something boring as usual. I was never really a disorganized person like most people I knew. I was very organized, which made me feel odd in a way. I wasn’t as messy as most would believe a teenage girl would be.

I went down the stairs to greet her. She smiled as I let her in. She held her hand on my check close to my lips. She leaned in and for a moment I wanted her to kiss me. But I pushed away, knowing this wasn’t right. 

“We should probably get down to studying,” I had to move onto what was more important. I exhaled a long breath, her perfume, and a beautiful kind of scene, which made me feel really calm. I felt somehow closer too her. I pushed it away from my mind as possible. “O.K., what subject should we start on first?”

I wasn’t sure what subjects she was in and if we had the same ones. It was calm as I sat there. She made me feel safe as though nothing bad would happen when I was with her. I wanted to be with her so badly. But why did I feel that way?  I closed my eyes hoping for an answer to this.

‘I love Lucas,’ said a voice in my head.

‘Does he love you?” Said another voice from inside my head. ‘I mean has he showed you any reason to see it that-‘ I ignored that thought knowing no good came out of it. We got up to my room and sat there on my bed in silence. 

Mia whispered, “Do you have class with Mr. Connie?”

I nodded my head without looking at her. “Yeah, I do,” I said with a smile.

“Cool, so anyway he said that we were going to have a test on the Revolutionary War.” She looked somewhat worried about something as she looked up at me. She wore a beautiful blouse and a faded pair of jeans. She was obviously worried about the test we were going to have next Tuesday. Yeah, I always got nervous when I was worried about doing well on tests. Maybe she felt the same way as I did about tests and studying.   

‘She’s probably just a shy person.’ I told my-self as she sorted through her papers. She smiled at me and I felt something about it. Something I never felt with anyone else. I shrugged the thought from my mind. It was probably nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Ban by Ana and Danielle | Avie by Annehathawayweb.com "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder. "- Leia
Tau Worlock
Fool! Reviewers Have No Need For Sleep!
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 09:17:22 pm »

First impression of the prologue:
This strikes me as odd. Especially the first line as I can’t make sense of it.
Is this a note or a thought or something else?
Also it will influence your readers view on the story, and on such a common topic (as far as they can tell form that bit) might make them see it in ways you don’t want or even but the book down.

I never really knew my parents, because they weren’t a major part of my life.  I never met my mother, she was never around when I was growing up and I always wondered why she wasn’t there.

You are repeating one idea over two sentences and also within each one, so four repetitions of one idea all packed together, slight overkill. Instead try something like:

I never really knew my parents as they didn’t play a major part of my life. When I was still very small I would hope mum would come home but she never did.

While still saying the same thing it adds some feeling and cuts down on direct repetition.

Another thing I think I mentioned before be careful with starting sentences with I, you do this quit a lot, I am sure there are more creative ways of conveying the information.

I arrived by a car driven by Mr. J. Sheppard, a lawyer of my grandparents.

A lawyer? The way it reads I would take that to mean that the grandparents had more the one lawyer. This seems a bid odd.

We will of course check in now and again to see if she is if she is in proper care.

Repetition of ‘if she is’ also proper care sounds odd, try ‘being looked after to an acceptable standard’ or something like that.

Correct me if I am wrong but the grandparents say they never had a child, so how could they be grandparents, as they would have to be parents first.

Ok never mind, you explain in the next bit, but are careful of unclear things like that as confusing a reader is not good.

But I kept the3 doll to remember how happy I was at seven.

The point of the 3 is?

My favorite was Pete, the bike-less doll and my true favorite object was an old photo of my grandparents, which was dated January 1942.

You have two favourite, but the definition of the word that would not work, especially in the way it is here.

It was my favorite; because I hoped that one-day I’d find a true love like my grandfather did.

I think should be a had at the end not a did.

“I’m sorry, it’s just I love someone else.”

“So what about me?  Did you ever love me or was I just the girl to show to mom?  Because if that’s the cause than tell me, you don’t love me?”

“I care about you as a friend, but I can’t tell you how I felt about—“

“You felt love toward him, but not me.”

The last line makes no sense. From the order of speech this is Mandy, but that makes no sense? Did you mean: “You loved him, but not me?”

The first bit has a lot of character history in it, which makes for dry reading, try it carefully integrate bits of history when they are needed instead of delivering them in bulk.

Also some scenes need improvements, they just don’t look real, they just look forced and artificial.

Any way your skills are improving as far as I can tell, well done. Though more work needs to be done. Keep writing, and I will try and to review when I can.
Report Spam   Logged
Avril_fan
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Young Adult, Sci-Fi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 03:42:50 pm »

Prologue

I walked down the beach as I normally did these days. I closed my eyes and thought of something.

What is love? How does it work? What makes someone fall in love? Is it pheromones? Physical appearance? Or is there something deep within?  What makes a couple? Is it just a boy and a girl? Or is it more complicated? I don’t have the answers

I opened my eyes and looked as far away across the coast, along the horizon and realized how true my poem was. I really had no real answers for it. I wasn’t in love, but I knew I wasn’t out of love. It sounded weird, but I can’t just say, ‘Oh I’m in love with this cute boy.’ He never really noticed me anyway. He was busy these days and I wasn’t sure why. I almost forgot to say it.

My name is Amanda Emma Nash and I attend Buena Veria high school. I have long dirty-blonde hair; hazel eyes and somewhat white skin.  I have my grandmother Emma’s eyes and my grandfather Tom’s personality.   

I had spent five years of my life at my grandparent’s house; an old Gothic styled home that loomed over the country. It was a dark place on the outside, but inside of it, I felt at home. The house contented a network of mazes. Some of them seemed to go on forever, while others led nowhere. I saw the mazes as places of interest more than anything else. I was curious and wanted to know more. I made a small map of the mazes and was finished when I turned six.

I never really knew my parents, as they didn’t play a major part of my life. When I was still very small I would hope mom would come home but she never did.

I was delivered into the care of Mr. Arnold Nash when I was six years old.  I arrived by a car driven by Mr. J. Sheppard, my grandparents’ lawyer. He was a tall man whose breath smelled of mint and alcohol. He was kind as he walked me to the door.

“Mr. Nash, due to the fact that you are her only living relative, you will have legal custody of Amanda as of today. We will of course check in now and again to see if she is if she is in proper care.” Sheppard explained he went for the door. He gave me a smile before he took out something from his briefcase. “This is something that must be given to her when she becomes of age. It’s a sad thing when a child loses her grandparents. I have to admit to you though it was odd that her parents disappeared before she turned one. We found her mother buried in a ditch somewhere off the coast, we haven’t found her father though. We suspect that he committed the murder and had disappeared.” He smiled at me as he spoke to Mr. Nash. “I hope you have a good life Amanda, I wish you well and I bid you, Mr. Nash, farewell and hope she is in good hands.”

“I will take good care of her. I just hope my brother wasn’t involved in the murder. He was a caring man and I hate to say it, but I never imagined I’d have custody of my niece. I’ve never had children before, but I will try to take good care of her.”

“I’m sure you will.”

Mr. Sheppard slowly drove down the street and that was last I saw of him. My grandparents died the week before.  I felt a deep sense of pain and for a moment I felt alone. It took me a while to adjust to the move.

I soon learned that Mr. Nash was an inventor of sorts.  He built things as a hobby and as a career.  He wasn’t as famous as other inventors were.  He was my distant cousin on my grandmother’s side. For my seventh birthday, he gave me a doll on a bike, which moved in a circle when I pulled the string. I had lost the bike when I turned eight. But I kept the doll to remember how happy I was at seven.

I collected a lot of things as I grew up.  My favorites were Pete, the bike-less doll and an old photo of my grandparents, which was dated January 1942.  I kept it, because it was the only thing I had of them. 

I kept it near my bed since I was six.  Both of them looked younger than I remembered.  My grandfather looked twenty-one and my grandmother was twenty.  It was my favorite; because I hoped that one-day I’d find a true love like my grandfather had.

I dated a young man named Ryan for three weeks.  We were a happy couple before I started to ask questions of where he’s been and why. “Where have you been? Who were you with?” I acted suspicious of him as he sat next to me.  He smiled and told me he was busy and that he’d promise to make it up. He was nice until I realized something was off about him.  I walked into his room once and froze at the threshold. He was kissing another person. I than realized it was another guy. He was kissing another guy, which made me feel sick.  I wasn’t sure what to say as I stood there. I broke with him later on, but we stand friends for a long time until he moved. He was sent to a Christian camp.
#

I looked around for a moment in my locker.  I had to find my history report.  Great.  This was really great.  I kept saying to my-self as I searched my locker for it.  It was due today and I couldn’t find it.  I closed my and tried to relax as I thought of a way to explain my missing report to Mr. Connie, my history teacher.  I smiled at how ironic this was.  I was always organized although today was an exception.  I was going to be latte for yet again. 
I looked up at this young girl as she stood besides me.  She smiled at me and I felt relaxed as she said, “Hi, my names Mia,” in a somewhat deep and charming voice.  I smiled at her as my stomach fluttered for a moment.

“Amanda, it’s nice to meet you, but I have to find my history report before I’m late for class.”

“Need some help?”  She asked with a smile.  I felt a smile come on as I looked at her.

“Thanks,” I said figuring that two heads were better than one.  I felt something race in my chest when I felt Mia near me.  It felt odd, I never felt this way about anyone before.  We smiled at each other before she handed me my history report.

“Here you go,” she said before she turned and walked away. I shrugged her out of my mind as I headed down the hall toward my history class. I had more important things on my mind to worry about such as my relationship to Lucas. And yet, I felt attracted to her. I laughed at the thought. It was probably just a weird reaction that’s all.   I rushed into class before the bell rang. I felt relaxed as I took my seat next to Josie and Lucas.

I first met Josie Harris, in fifth grade.  She was a weird kid back than and now as well.  I was parted up with her for an art protect.  She was friendly, but somewhat more relaxed than I was at the time.  I had never had many friends from pre-school to fourth grade.  I kept to my-self, because I was shy and nervous; most teachers wanted me to be more active and to be more into group activities.  I wanted to be in my own world.

“I won’t bite,” was the first words I heard from her.  She smiled at me and we soon after became friends.  We spent every day just talking about stuff we liked, whether it was music or boys, it didn’t matter.  She was my friend and I soon trusted her as much as if we were sisters.

“Hey Amanda, how was your summer?”  Josie asked me as I took my seat. 

“It was great, I got to visit my cousin in San Fran.  So how was your summer, Lucas?” I was glad to see them again.

“It was O.K., I didn’t do much,” he said with a smile to me.

I paused, looked around and asked, “Hey where’s Marshall?”

“I don’t know,” replied Josie.  “I hope he’s still alive.”  Lucas and I gave her a look before she replied, “I’m just joking, of course, he’s still alive.”

Lucas and I frowned at each other before the teacher called my name.

“Amanda Nash?”  He said in a somewhat loud voice. 

“Here,” I replied.

“Jonathon Peterson?”

“So anyway,” I said to Lucas.  “So what’s the plan for Friday?”
“I’m not sure, maybe we could hang out near Joe’s Ice Cream Parlor.  I heard he’s doing the Weekend Special again.”

Josie frowned, as she said, “Didn’t he lose a lot of money on that deal?”

“I’m not sure.” I said as I checked my watch. I had a lot of classes this semester. I wasn’t sure how I was going to survive this. I had to get them finished before this year, so I could get fewer classes in my last year of school. I had become more disorganized as the day went. I lost my math homework and well it just went downhill from there.

“It’s not that interesting Amanda,” said Ms. Thompson as she handed me my romantic short story. “I mean it seems like you didn’t even try to put some effort in it. It’s not one of your best works.”

“Why isn’t it interesting?” I asked surprised at what she said. 

“Your characters are two dimensional and there’s not a lot of emotion.  It’s too simple and its honestly there’s not even a description of how they felt.  It’s just too straightforward.  Two people meet and fall in love without showing us how they feel about the other.  We, as readers, want images as a guide to what we’re reading, not some short story of how they liked each other and that’s it. I’m sorry, but I’m sure you’ll do better next time.”

I met up with Lucas later on. He told me he was busy and that he already had plans. I felt somewhat let down until I saw Mia. I simply told him that it was O.K. and that I was going to study with a new friend of mine. He smiled at me before he kissed me and then walked away.

Mia smiled at me as she said, “Hi again, so who was that? Your boyfriend?”

“Yes,” I said with a smile. “So do you have a boyfriend?”

“I’m not into that whole love thing. So how long have you been together?”

“For a while now,” I said with a smile. I felt something toward her. It was hard to say what it was. I shrugged the thought completely away as I spoke up again. “So I’ll meet you at my house for our study date.”

“Yeah sure,” she said as she smiled at me and then headed down the hall. I had to admit she was pretty and somehow I felt close to her. I shrugged the thought as I chided my-self again for thinking it. I was acting stupid and not being my normal self. I headed off to my house, a navy blue Victorian house near the coast. It was about three miles from the Pacific.  My father was usually working on his weird inventions to care about anything. I spent most of my time cleaning the house while he worked on his little toys.

“Hey dad,” I said as I looked up at him through a small door in the ceiling. 

“Yeah, what is it Amanda?”

“Is it O.K. if I have a friend come over to study?”

“Yeah, sure why not?” He said in a somewhat level voice.

I headed up to my room. I checked my calendar for the first time in three weeks. I frowned at how disorganized I was. I decided to clean up a bit before studying. It was my way of getting ready to do something boring as usual. I was never really a disorganized person like most people I knew. I was very organized, which made me feel odd in a way. I wasn’t as messy as most would believe a teenage girl would be. I went down the stairs to greet her. She smiled as I let her in. She held her hand on my check close to my lips. She leaned in and for a moment I wanted her to kiss me. But I pushed away, knowing this wasn’t right. She frowned at me as if surprised at what I did. I was somewhat surprised to. 

“We should probably get down to studying,” I had to move onto what was more important. I exhaled a long breath, her perfume, and a beautiful kind of scene, which made me feel really calm. I felt somehow closer too her. I pushed it away from my mind as possible. “O.K., what subject should we start on first?”

I wasn’t sure what subjects she was in and if we had the same ones. It was calm as I sat there. She made me feel safe as though nothing bad would happen when I was with her. I wanted to be with her so badly. But why did I feel that way?  I closed my eyes hoping for an answer to this.

Mia whispered, “Do you have class with Mr. Connie?”

I nodded my head without looking at her. “Yeah, I do,” I said with a smile.

“Cool, so anyway he said that we were going to have a test on the Revolutionary War.” She looked somewhat worried about something as she looked up at me. She wore a beautiful blouse and a faded pair of jeans. She was obviously worried about the test we were going to have next Tuesday. Yeah, I always got nervous when I was worried about doing well on tests. Maybe she felt the same way as I did about tests and studying.

‘She’s probably just a shy person.’ I told my-self as she sorted through her papers. She smiled at me and I felt something about it. Something I never felt with anyone else. I shrugged the thought from my mind. It was probably nothing.

To be continued........
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 04:38:53 am by Avril_fan » Report Spam   Logged

Ban by Ana and Danielle | Avie by Annehathawayweb.com "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder. "- Leia
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum