Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
September 27, 2021, 02:06:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Welcome!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 4067 times)
Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Steampunk

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:10:41 pm »

I'll be blunt and just say this;  Introduce yourself here.

I suppose I should go first(I hate doing this sort of stuff).  Name's Antiphon/Fadingjew/Kitsune Tsuki, all depends on my mood or where I'm at.  I'm 15, 16 in May.  Enjoy video games and wargaming.  That's about it.
Report Spam   Logged

In a poll of Columbia\'s grad school of journalism, 57% believe in ESP, 57% in dowsing, 47% in the ability to read a person aura, and 25 believe in the lost continent of Atlantis

To the River Red, across the ochre steppe
A thousand fathers killed,
A thousand virgin daughters spread with swords still wet,
With swords still wet with the blood of their dead

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kentai
Small, Green and Spammish
Global Moderator
Writer

Immortal Until Proven Otherwise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 11:43:05 pm »

I'm Yoda/Xiou/Philip (the latter being my boring real life name). Also I seem to be Kentai for now. I get bored of my names far too quickly.

My hobbies include sleeping....

Goodnight.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 11:55:17 pm by Kentai » Report Spam   Logged

- Makenshi -
Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Administrator
Writer

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Science-Fiction & Science Fantasy: if it involves people doing ridiculous things I like it

Oh Crap...Not Again...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:50:37 pm »

I'm Makenshi (known in real life as Iain). The owner and Administrator of OW.

I mainly write science fiction and Fantasy, although I've had a bit of writer's block as of late Tongue.

Enjoy the new boards everybody.

~MTWC
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 02:26:26 pm »

ArchonSildarax here.  Also go by the tags Insomniac, Shadowrunner13 and Jason.  I'm the resident geezer of the board, though I'm not really that old...just in comparison to the bulk of the administration.  Smiley

Been writing for years, even if somewhat irregularly.  I like all things nerdy, but focus on Shadowrun, 40K and Wii.

That's me in a very small nutshell.

J.
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Dictionaries, Atlasses and Encyclopedia's.

Random bannings for everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 12:24:53 pm »

I am Rictiovarus. Unspeakably Violent Rictiovarus.

Unfortunately, this has not caught on with my friends in real-life, who simply call me Rik. Or worse, but I'll not give you any fodder now!

I write whatever comes to mind, which is why continuity is often bent or broken, and my only serial forgotten in the dust. Digital dust that is! Oh, how I kid!
Report Spam   Logged

I feel more than qualified to dish out the above posted poorly conceived and vaguely offensive remark.

Feel free to mock or insult me for any mistakes I choose to make, but I am not in any way responsible for any physical, mental and/or property damage that might occur if you do.

Dizzy
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Cyber-phunk

Putting the Punk into Punktuation

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 03:57:31 pm »

I'm Dizzy
AKA Dizz, Stishovite and Alex.
I've been trying very hard for the last few years to pretend that I'm a real life scientist, but the creative writing instincs are not too far below the surface.
Hi folks. Nice to be on such a new board. Smiley

Dizzy
Report Spam   Logged

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but don't tell that to the other guy in a knife fight.
Pyro_00001
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 07:00:55 pm »

Well, I don't do a lot of writing myself, but I do a great deal of reading and am looking forward to reading some new stories here.
Report Spam   Logged
pink monkey bird
Novelist

Favorite Genre: poetry

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 11:22:20 pm »

pink monkey bird here (pink, or pmb for short,) aka braxius (or brax), haarkon, or the_end_is_pain. i write poetry play warhammer and computer games, and try to be an upstanding member of the community
i fail at only the last. see you around i'm sure
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
EightyEight
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Hard sci-fi

Are we as offensive as we might be?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 03:21:12 am »

I'm the guy who used to be Captain Magellan. I like Bakerman far better. I read mostly fantasy and sci-fi (Terry Pratchett and Peter F. Hamilton being favourites), and write mostly sci-fi (if at all).
Um... I like China...?
And Midnight Oil.
Report Spam   Logged

He who keepeth a secret must keep it a secret that he hath a secret to keep.
-Sir Humphrey

Only a fool fights fire with fire.
-Me

The bakerman is laughing 'cause he's rolling in the gold...
-Midnight Oil, Bakerman
Kitsune Tsuki
Co-Administrator
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Steampunk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 04:51:47 am »

Yo, who knows who our other members are?  perpetual, Silent Whisper and Turbulence?  Well, I know who turbulence is, from privateer press' forums.  Not sure on the other three however.
Report Spam   Logged

In a poll of Columbia\'s grad school of journalism, 57% believe in ESP, 57% in dowsing, 47% in the ability to read a person aura, and 25 believe in the lost continent of Atlantis

To the River Red, across the ochre steppe
A thousand fathers killed,
A thousand virgin daughters spread with swords still wet,
With swords still wet with the blood of their dead
- Makenshi -
Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Administrator
Writer

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Science-Fiction & Science Fantasy: if it involves people doing ridiculous things I like it

Oh Crap...Not Again...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 01:30:52 pm »

Pyro is from 40kO.

~MTWC
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 11:08:16 pm »

that leaves perpetual, don't tell me we actually gained a new member? that just stumbled across the site? no thats what we want. and therefore cannot and will not ever happen. he's a spy!
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Kentai
Small, Green and Spammish
Global Moderator
Writer

Immortal Until Proven Otherwise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 02:47:03 pm »

Yes, a spy.... we must ban him now before he realises the truth behind this board!
Report Spam   Logged

EightyEight
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Hard sci-fi

Are we as offensive as we might be?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 01:56:34 am »

What, the thing with armadillos and Seer Fox's aunt? I thought that was common knowledge!
Report Spam   Logged

He who keepeth a secret must keep it a secret that he hath a secret to keep.
-Sir Humphrey

Only a fool fights fire with fire.
-Me

The bakerman is laughing 'cause he's rolling in the gold...
-Midnight Oil, Bakerman
Lord Xalys
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Hard Sci-Fi, Space Opera, Fantasy

Praise the Fallen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 09:29:50 pm »

that leaves perpetual, don't tell me we actually gained a new member? that just stumbled across the site? no thats what we want. and therefore cannot and will not ever happen. he's a spy!

As weird as it may sound, people CAN just stumble upon this site! I did...  Cheesy  When reading a post by Kitsune Tsuki (Antiphon here) on the Privateer Press forum, I noticed the link to this board. I PMd him to see if I could join, having quite some ideas lying around that I want to share with others.
The name's Lord Xalys, 22 yrs old, 5th year Reserach Master student Archaeology at the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. Yup, that's right, I'm Dutch! I've so far brought out one book in an exclusive series (55 copies, in Dutch: an adventure novel called Ankh), but I write a lot in both science fiction and recently also fantasy. I started an online fantasy world with a few comrades from university, and I'd like to post my stuff here as well if you agree. Wink

LX
Report Spam   Logged

"She pulled down her hood, freeing her auburn hair to the wind that had picked up in the last few minutes. Her emerald green eyes saw everything and nothing at once, making her infinitely sad for a fraction of time. And Ava cried." - H.G. Pape
- Makenshi -
Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Administrator
Writer

Oh Crap...Not Again...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 09:39:51 pm »

Sounds interesting, I'm a Sci-Fi Fantasy person myself, and look forward to reading your stuff Smiley.

~MTWC
Report Spam   Logged

Lord Xalys
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Hard Sci-Fi, Space Opera, Fantasy

Praise the Fallen

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 10:15:27 pm »

Thx! Cheesy  I've just posted my first article in the Critique Corner, known simply as 'Demonology' by my co-authors at university. I'm looking forward to your reaction. Wink

LX
Report Spam   Logged

"She pulled down her hood, freeing her auburn hair to the wind that had picked up in the last few minutes. Her emerald green eyes saw everything and nothing at once, making her infinitely sad for a fraction of time. And Ava cried." - H.G. Pape
pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 01:44:48 pm »

although i am amazed that stuff actually works and brings people to the new board, welcome, i will look forward to reading your stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

Canis
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Post-Apocolypse

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 03:35:27 pm »

The new board is looking good. I only posted one story on the last one but i'll try to be more active here. It's been a while since i've done any writing, looking forward to starting up again.

Report Spam   Logged
jazen
Novelist

A smile costs little but gives much treat sum1 2 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 08:38:06 pm »

jazen here, if you want to know more, ask.
Report Spam   Logged

AMERICA here I come,
I will be out of the country - and away from internet - for the next 2-3 weeks.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step,
A story of a thousand words starts with a single thought.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum