Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
August 20, 2022, 04:31:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.  (Read 4100 times)
Spainops
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Sci fi and anything out of the ordinary (or so I hope).

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2008, 11:30:51 pm »

trebuchet.... Yet another one of man's machines of destruction. Why exactly do we adore so the weapons of murder, the bringers of death and the cold kissers of the afterlife? Why do we feel the need to play God and take lives on our whim?

Why am I asking so many damn questions? Why am I curious? Why does curious mean that we're interested and inquisitive about the nature of something? Why won't I shut up? Because five minutes haven't gone by yet, that's why.

'Tis so easy to observe the superficiality of the world, but what can be said of the nature underneath? If you look at a tree, is that all you see? Or can you see that which is within it?

Can you see its purpose? Can you observe the flow of time, can you make out the imprint on destinty?

Life is so much more than what we take it to be, that sometimes we forget how human beings have the same lives as us. But they don't live like us you say? That's because I say they have the same lives as us, not the same lifestyle, punk.

Trebuchets, wooden wunders (I mean wonders) of the past, archaic and deadly. Now we just have metal, aluminum and instant death.

Who hooo!!!

That's five. Next word: Destiny.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:51:23 am by Spainops » Report Spam   Logged

True power does not reside in the weapon, it resides in the wielder. - Narion Anarte, Phoenix of Narde.

Vengeance is served on a plate of knives. - Neforas, Chosen of Duriel.

I may look human, but that's just because you're blind. - Narion Aarach.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum