Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
August 20, 2022, 03:35:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slightly Random but still good for creative reasons thread.  (Read 4100 times)
Moonwolf
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Poetry, Prose, Fantasy, Comedy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2008, 02:29:57 am »

Psychiatrist. I had a Psychology class last semester. The professor taught us the difference between Psychiatrist and Psychologist...the former can prescribe medication, the other can only listen to you. I loved that professor, though. Its great to see ones that love the subject they teach. One thing I've always wondered about psychiatrists is what gives them the right to know me better than me? The initial reaction might be that they have a different perspective that is an outside, unbiased, objective one that can be helpful in seeing your troubles in a different way. However, can't a friend do that? Or any human for that matter? Don't we all have our own unique perspective of the world that no one else but us sees and understands?

For instance I am at home, on my couch, contemplating seeing a movie later this evening, and typing on my laptop right now. Reading this a person would just assume that I am at a desk, sitting in a nice comfy chair, typing on my desktop computer, maybe even picture me in a spot very similar to their own. A person reading this might even wonder, now that I mentioned I am contemplating seeing a movie, what movie I am considering seeing. Or now that I mention it, a person reading this might want to go see a movie themselves. So, ha! I have just sent a subconscious message out to all reading this because of my understanding of the human mind and (semi)mastery of the English language. Does this make me a psychiatrist?

As for that word "movie" it sounds like something a child would say. "What's that four legged drooling animal, dear?" "Its a doggie!" "And what's that with the moving images?" "Its a movie!" Man I love the English language!  Grin

I might have exceeded my five minutes....Ah well, the next word shall be....COUCH!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum