Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
November 29, 2021, 02:49:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game  (Read 1186 times)
Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 10:01:19 pm »

I'm moving things forward this time... I'd like to see a higher post frequency myself so if we do go off on tangents the time taken to see if it will resolve itself won't be so long.  We'll see how this works out

After the meet and getting the last of the information required, the team headed fro the threshold of the Westway on the western shore of the Thames.  After the Druidic Council's rezoning, much of the southwest quarter of the city was deemed too hazardous for residential use and in places, too toxic even for regular business.  It didn't stop companies from erecting warehouses there in hopes of taking advantage of the cheap real estate.  However, the medical bills soon proved too much and those warehouses were hastily abandoned.

Now these warehouses house the poor who have nowhere else to turn.  The acidic haze that rolls up the Thames pools here.  Many of the residents here can't afford a simple respirator and would die young... if it weren't for the Acid Lotus Triad.  The Triad rules the area and supplies the locals with protection against the pollution, in exchange for their silence.  The Triads store everything here from guns to drugs and those caches are constantly being shuffled throughout the neighbourhoods to keep the cops out of their business.

The area known as Sand's End wasn't always the sty that it is today.  This river coast district was paved over in the 2040's to make way for a new harbour district that never came to be.  Instead it has become a collection of warehouses that smugglers and criminals use to store goods that get shipped up the Thames.  Rumours exist that a shaft into the undercity exists under the asphalt, but if anyone has located it, they aren't telling anyone.

The address provided by the Johnson leads off an industrial road called Bagley's Lane.  A light brown toxic fog curls through the series of warehouses before the team.  It is a complex of about a dozen small warehouses, all controlled by the Acid Lotus.  According to the J's intel, warehouse F is supposed to be where the guns are being stored.  While the fog keeps the visibility low, it hides the likely presence of Triad soldiers that would guard the grounds.
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum