Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
October 28, 2021, 08:58:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game  (Read 1183 times)
Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 02:07:21 pm »

The man looked around at the bickering runners and scowled.

"I was under the impression that I was here to recruit professionals, but what I see before me are a bunch of disorganized sociopaths.  Perhaps I should take my business elsewhere?"
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

Kentai
Small, Green and Spammish
Global Moderator
Writer

Immortal Until Proven Otherwise

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 03:01:22 pm »

Jade stopped herself from attacking the insolent pigs and turned her attention to the man they were all here to meet.

"What is the mission? Don't waste my time here."
Report Spam   Logged

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Dictionaries, Atlasses and Encyclopedia's.

Random bannings for everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 06:10:08 pm »

Blurb waved the little girl away as the by now quite befuddled ork sank deeper and deeper into confusion. It wasn't uncommon for wannabe's to follow runners to a meeting. Real runners didn't sneak around at their own meetings.

"Just ignore her. Tell us the mission and the reward, and we'll be on our way."
Report Spam   Logged

I feel more than qualified to dish out the above posted poorly conceived and vaguely offensive remark.

Feel free to mock or insult me for any mistakes I choose to make, but I am not in any way responsible for any physical, mental and/or property damage that might occur if you do.

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 06:46:09 pm »

Jade smirked... 'Perfect, at least he won't care if I go then. Things are much easier solo.'
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

Favorite Genre: poetry

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 11:42:40 pm »

suddenly a foot came through the back wall, four foot up, the toes waggled and then dissapeared back through the wall. they reappeared at the base of the wall a split second later and a section of the back wall crumbled away, in through the new door stepped a short well muscled oriental lad with tattoos all over his arms, dressed plainly in baggy black denim jeans.

"is this a private party or is anyone invited?" the newcommer asked "oh and by the way, the names secret, and I heard their might be some fun going down. So whats the gig?"

the stranger sat down on the newly made pile of rubble, and grinned, he'd made a fairly decent entrance.
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 01:21:47 am »

"Hey Secret." Jade smiled. Finally, someone interesting had arrived. And he wasn't bad looking either. Trying to ignore the distraction she turned back to the man with the guards.

"Now can we PLEASE get this mission started. I'm tired of waiting, and bickering. Let's have some action here, eh? Then we'll see if you can afford to ignore me."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:34:38 am by Kentai » Report Spam   Logged

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 03:10:45 am »

"Hello Secret. You DO know that the door is perfectly functional, right?"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:35:11 am by Kentai » Report Spam   Logged

I feel more than qualified to dish out the above posted poorly conceived and vaguely offensive remark.

Feel free to mock or insult me for any mistakes I choose to make, but I am not in any way responsible for any physical, mental and/or property damage that might occur if you do.

Insomniac
Novelist

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 04:06:35 am »

The ork turned back to his bodyguards and had a hushed conversation with them before turning back to the runners.

"Despite my better judgment, I will see if you can conduct yourselves with more professionalism than you've displayed here.  Luckily, the job is not rich in the need for subtlety.

"What I require is a two step process.  The Triads have something my associates want.  I need you to get it for us and afterwards, dispose of the man behind the theft of the merchandise.  I cannot reveal the nature of the goods, nor the man I need erased until I have your assurance that you will take the job.  I offer your group 10000¥ for the theft and an additional 15000¥ for the death of the Triad man, for 25000¥ to be divided amongst you as you see fit.  Are the terms acceptable?"
Report Spam   Logged

Seer Fox
The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 06:26:58 am »

"I...have no idea!" Macaulay admitted, trying to hold in his laughter, "And I really don't care if they are or not, I'll take it anyway."

Clapping his hands together as one would do after everything's been decided, he looked around at the motley crew, his blue eyes full of mirth.

"If we're using a car, I call shotgun!"

This was going to be FUN.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 12:22:14 pm »

"Payment is fair."
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 01:48:02 pm »

"I'll settle for 30000¥ in total... there's lots of us, and I'm not leaving with next to nothing."
Report Spam   Logged

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 03:40:16 pm »

"Then stay behind. More money for us."

This was more about gaining contacts than money anyway, Blurb thought. He turned to the ork:

"What details can you offer? Numbers, locations, etc. etc.?"
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 05:46:59 pm »

"money seems reasonable, but lets talk terms, looting for instance, we are after a specific item, any objections to us pocketing anything else we like the look of? the girl for example" he said with nod in the direction of jade and a broadening grin,
 "and if this accidently turns into a blood bath thats cool right?"
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 06:03:38 pm »

"I wouldn't have thought you'd need permission..." Macaulay stated languidly, uninterested in the details.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 06:21:51 pm »

"ha obviously you've never worked for the mafia, hobo" came the sarcastic reply, he was already beginning to hate that guy.
Report Spam   Logged

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 06:39:22 pm »

"Well that isn't a very nice thing to say," He smiled back, "I guess you ain't had much chance to excerise manners though, so I'll forgive ya."

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Canis
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Post-Apocolypse

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 07:14:05 pm »

The silent Russian had held his stillness in the gloom burdened shadows. He cared little fore these soldiers of fortune and was content to entertain the whispered thoughts of his mind.

"I'm watching you"

These words had drifted through his vision as the infuriated drone sparked and squaled. The intrusion was discourteous but Dimitri held no expectaions of manners or decency amoung these people. This hacker, this digital locksmith had so easily traversed his intricate web of defences. He was intrigued. The drone settled down and a fleeting smirk graced it's owner's lips. Perhaps this could be intersting after all.

He was torn from his thoughts by the squabble, their shouts pounding in his aching skull. He shifted slightly, the crackled leather of his atire brushing the faded stains that infested the wall. Slipping his hand into the folds of his jacket, Dimitri felt the reassuring touch of cold steel beneath his fingertips. He pushed the revolver aside and withdrew a simple flask and hastily drank the contents.

He sighed and broke his own silence, addressing the others as moisture still glistened on his lips.

"Looks like I'm your designated driver" he remarked with a thick Russian drawl
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 07:21:10 pm by Canis » Report Spam   Logged
Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 07:18:31 pm »

"Well alright!" Macaulay exclaimed, raring to get the show on the road, "Let's go, everyone!"

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Novelist

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 08:16:24 pm »

Muninn was ready to chime in with his 2¥ worth, when he received an incoming call on his commlink.  Keeping his conversation subvocalized, his features showed that some major had just transpired.  After hanging up, he grabbed his bag of almonds and stood up.  "Sorry, but I'm afraid I must decline.  Something important came up that I have to take care of."

The runner hurried out of the warehouse to allow his would-be coworkers take care of their business, while he took care of his.

With Muninn's departure, Mr. Johnson address the remaining runners.  "The offer stands.  I will not risk additional capital on a rag tag bunch such as this."

The ork's Russian accent grew as his frustration with the situation increased.  "You are to steal a truck and its contents.  It is an armored van, shipping guns and we want them.  The Triads have a warehouse in the Westway that ships all their weapons for the western sprawl."

Turning toward Secret, the Johnson said "Any merchandise outside of the truck that you acquire is yours to do with as you please.  And while we want to avoid killing civilians, feel free to clear the road of any Triad members you see.  There is one man in particular that must die.  His name is Felix Hong.  He is the underboss of the Acid Lotus Triad and has been causing us trouble lately.   If the Lodgemaster's right hand man were to disappear, there will be a power struggle within their organization which we can exploit."

"Do you think you can handle this task?"

One of the Johnson's bodyguards moves over toward Dimitri.  In a hushed voice, he asks in Russian, "Where in the Motherland do you hail from?"
Report Spam   Logged

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 08:31:54 pm »

“YOOOOOOOooookay! We’ve got the details, let’s get out of here and get to the job!” Macaulay shouts jubilantly, bouncing off the wall and making his way to the door, ignoring the bodyguard and slapping Dimitri on the shoulder in a friendly fashion, “I’m in the passenger seat, right-right? I called shotgun, afterall.”

Not really waiting for a reply, Macaulay half-walks, half-skips out of the room and towards whatever car or van awaited them outside, humming a little ditty to himself as he did.

The people in the room had seemed nice enough, if a little insecure. He quite liked them, all told, and was sure he could have a lot of fun with them.

‘Most need to learn how to be respectable though.’ He grinned to himself, his humming ditty breaking out into a more vocalised version, full of la’s and da’s.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum