Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
November 29, 2021, 02:20:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game  (Read 1186 times)
Seer Fox
The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 04:22:47 am »

"WHOA WHOA WHOA hold it, hold it right there!" Macaualy shouts back to Blurb, "Let's not get carried away with ourselves here."

Turning back to the...fog, Macaulay gives it his cheesiest smile, raising his hands.

"Forgive my associate, he's just a bit trigger-happy. If I could be so bold, I need to see your boss rather urgently, I have information and items that he may be very interested in.

He moves in a slow circle, hands still above his heads.

"Unarmed and everything, see? As for my colleages, please permit them to stay in the van. I promise they won't cause anymore trouble."

He waits a few seconds.

"Umm...I wasn't just talking to myself just then, right? Tell me that this is the Acid Lotus Triad area...someone?!"

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2007, 02:44:35 pm »

Blurb: The laser sight lines scattered skyward as the bearers of those weapons either were struck, or dispersed to avoid the hail of gunfire.

Jade: Despite the warehouse being vacant, it did provide some insight into some of the security of the warehouses.  Small areas of pressure plates had been hastily erected near loading doors, as did a small series of motion detectors, localized to those areas.  Catwalks crossed the overhead areas and it seemed that the catwalks occassionally crossed between warehouses, allowing "security" to arrive from an overhead vantage point.

Macauly: Several more laser sights appear at ground level and point at Macauly's chest.  A single silhouette appears in the fog and strolls out into the open.  The Chinese man's features, while slightly masked by the haze, show lesions on his skin from the constant exposure to weak acids in the air.  He looks Macauly up and down and crosses his arms.

"Information, huh?  Perhaps if you were to tell me your 'valuable information', I can judge whether or not it's worthy of our master's attention."
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007, 06:05:18 pm »

"Aha, well then, that's the trick, isn't it?" Macaulay replied, rubbing the back of his head, "I obviously can't tell you EVERYTHING, because then there's no excuse I can give for you to gun me down. On the other hand, you can't let me see the 'head unless you know I have something valuable. On the other other hand, you might not be in a position where the information I give you is to be known."

Macaulay slapped his face in thought, lazily eying the multitude of beams focused on him.

"But...I'm a peaceful kinda guy. I'm sure you don't want to see this turning into a firefight either. Too much noise with nothing to gain. So I'll ask you something before I tell you anything, how much of a problem are the Vory to your operations right now?"

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Novelist

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 06:14:07 pm »

Macauly: "You wouldn't ask me that question, unless you already knew that those Russian bastards weren't a constant thorn in our side.  While we would love to take them down a notch, it will take something of decent importance to make me forgive this trespass..."

Dmitri: Being jacked into the vehicle, you are able to perceive the world through the van's sensor system.  Uninhibited by fog, you see the heat signatures of numerous Triad creeping along the rooftops of the warehouses, converging on the van.
Report Spam   Logged

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 06:20:33 pm »

"Trespass?" Macaulay repeated, sounding hurt, "Here's me, telling you how you can ambush a contingent of Vory, and you're going around talking like trespassing? Tsk. I remember when Triad members were taught to be polite to allies..."

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Novelist

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007, 07:44:52 pm »

The Triad man smirked as his shoulder twitched, possibly betraying a mediocre wire job beneath the surface.  "What would a gwailo like you know about politeness?  If we were on our home soil, you'd be entitled to my respect.  Here, we hand out as much respect as we receive.  A means to destroy some Vory is certainly worth something...what do you have in mind?"
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Small, Green and Spammish
Global Moderator
Writer

Immortal Until Proven Otherwise

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 11:21:17 pm »

'Hmmm.' Jade thought, 'if they're all like this it should be too hard to get into the one we want undetected by these. It's just the living, breathing guards we need to be worried about. And by the sound of things outside that could be fun.'

'However seeing as they're all distaracted right now, I may be able to get to the roof of this one and scout the place out.'

She let herself out into the matrix, a white tiger launched itself into the swarm of colours and patterns. It slowed as it reached the security, creeping softly, crouched low. The pressure pads she could avoid, their locations obvious to her, though she wouldn't be careless and miss any if she could help it. The motion sensors were a bit harder, she would have to disable them as she went past, or at least feed in a flase, negative input as she went past herself. The tiger morphed, it was now a snake, jet black. It's eyes fixed on the detectors, bright blue rays shot towards it, freezing them, but only for a few moments. Her real self set off past them, hoping she would be able to fool the security. It didn't seem that complex, but she had been fooled before. The snake was a tiger again, and it was breathing fire at a security code that had appeared. The flame engulphed it and she pressed on, up to the catwalks, then to find the roof entrance. Hopefully no-one outside would notice her, or at least, if on her team, would care. Working alone was normally so much easier. She could handle most things herself.
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

Favorite Genre: poetry

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2007, 08:59:52 pm »

secret decided to join in, leaving the van he padded up to Macaulay, "you talk of respect, acid lotus, and the lack of it, you will respect a broken scale, as we repect all from our homeland" he spoke this in fluent traditional chinese "there is no need for those," he nodded to the gunmen, "if we were armed, we wouldn't have made our presence known, now the vory arseholes, my friend here has some information on these pain in the necks, so prehaps you'd be good enough to listen? or better yet take us to someone who has the authority to do something more than listen."
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Insomniac
Novelist

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2007, 07:39:57 pm »

Jade: Your efforts in the Matrix pay off, as you slip passed the automated security undetected.  You slip up a ladder and pad lightly onto one of the rusted steel catwalks that crisscross the buildings.  The acidic air has taken their toll on these metal bridges, but their structural integrity seems sound.

Leaving the confines of the warehouse, you can see a little more of the landscape below.  Most of the activity is happening in the Southern portion of the lot.  Your presence has not been noticed thus far, but there is a lot of rooftop activity nearby, converging on the location of the team's van.  You can feel vibrantions in the metal as running soldiers near your position.

Macauly and Secret: The Triad man's smirk held firm.  "I am listening.  A very select few are allowed to speak to the upper tiers of our family.  I will judge if your information has value.  But my patience is limited, so please...be brief."
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2007, 09:38:04 pm »

'Fighting like this is out of the question, open spaces just aren't my thing.' Jade thought. 'Maybe I'd be better hiding as these guys come past, is there even anywhere to hide up here?' She looked round searching for anything to stay out of sight behind in the fog. It was hard to see much at all. If she wasn't quick she'd have to go back down quickly, but what if they were going down. Down wasn't an option, it was either to hide up here, or at least get away from the footsteps. Maybe even creep around and take out some of these snipers, but the longer she wasn't noticed for the better.
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2007, 06:50:05 pm »

Secret smiled broadly, "now now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies, we both know the russian scum are planning something, we all know they've started bringing in yet more mercs for thier jobs, but did you know they have offered up a bounty on whoever brings in the head of one of your higher ups?, i can't tell you which one of course, then there would be no reason for you not to kill us, and how do I know youwon't try for the bounty yourself? can you really be trusted? besides you have no reason not to trust us, had we any wish to harm you, would we really have just walked up and started talking to you?" secret bowed and offered his hand at the same time, mixing the traditions of china and englandin a friendly greeting.

"the names flamming fist, by the way."
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Insomniac
Novelist

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 03:02:24 pm »

Jade: Searching the nearby structures, Jade finds a piece of loose eaves near the warehouse roof just overhead.  Leaping up, she grabs the metal and pulls her legs up off the catwalk.  The metal groans under her weight, but seems to support her well enough.  A group of four Triad soldiers passes beneath her, heading into the warehouse she had recently emerged from.

Secret: The Triad lieutenant bowed, ignoring the handshake gesture.  He spoke in Chinese.  "The Vory are always after the upper echelons of our organization.  If they are targetting a specific member, that might be useful to know.  You have my attention."

Dmitri: Scanning his sensors, he noted the convergence of Triad soldiers around the area he had parked in.  "Comrades," he subvocalized over everyone's commlinks, "I think the Triad are biding their time until they can assault my van.  They are circling like sharks out here..."
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2007, 08:15:24 pm »

"given the sensative nature of the information we have" secret said in a hushed voice, "you understand that it should be for the ears of only the person in question, if you would please take us to felix hong, we can give him the relevant information as to his own protection, we have reason to belive it is someone within the organisation itself that will carry out the attack, so you understand why we must speak with him in person."
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 08:22:02 pm »

"I got ya." Jade replied softly, the Triad soldiers gathering around the men on the ground. She would have to do something. But things seemed reasonably stable on the ground. Killing the negotiations may be a politically inept move. "Are you guys gonna fight or just talk all day? Becase I have plenty of juicy targets up here and I want to know if I'm hitting them, or just staying hidden. Always helps to know, because these snipers have you well and truly covered. I could get you an opening if you're wanting a fight. But hey, keep 'em talking all day if you want."

She let herself into the matrix once more, the tiger crept silently through a sea of confusion. Security was tight, conversations between the Triad on their comm channels flowing thick and fast, if only she could understand it.

She opened a channel to Secret. "Mind if I tap you into a few of their security channels? Might give us some idea of when exactly they're going to murder us all. You can understand this stuff, the language is not one I speak. You can relay some of the vital information to us if you get the chance during your lovely little chat down there."
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:21 pm »

"calm down cutie, if you could relay some of them that would be fabulous, and just stay hidden for now, Macaulay, started these negotiations don't blame me for actually getting somewhere with them."
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2007, 09:45:22 pm »

"Calm down? I'm perfectly calm, just bored. We did the talking with that Russian, these ones are for shooting, not talking with. But while you're at it I may aswell let you know what they're saying."

The tiger swallowed a channel of information between some of the gangmen and cloned the information, spewing it out again, the original went to it's intended target, the cloned copy weaving a different path, to Secret. Jade hoped they wouldn't be able to detect the lag in the communication. The Tiger dissapeared once more, covering it's tracks as well as was possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Novelist

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2007, 10:06:57 pm »

Secret: The information is split in purpose.  Some of the information is for getting gear loaded up for delivery, usually involving insulting the parentage of the workers.  Others are tactical coordinations of the soldiers.  It seems that the Triads have no intention of allowing you anywhere near their upper echelons and they are simply biding their time until they an execute an ambush from all sides.
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2007, 06:26:25 pm »

secret grinned, at the triad leader, then started laughing, then stopped, "I can see this is going nowhere, i can understand your reluctance to allow me to enter but you must understand that the easiest way for all this is to let me in, this is a matter of life or death after all, and not just felix's"

to jade
"have fun darling, but if you could start the trouble inside, that would be great."
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2007, 06:49:02 pm »

"Sure thing hun, I'll have them running circles in no time."

Checking that the coast was clear Jade made her way back inside the warehouse, keeping an eye on any Triad soldiers taht were about. She found a nice looking group of four making their way upwards. Could be trouble, but that was a good thing now. She primed one of the toxic darts in her bionic arm and aimed at the leader of the group, making sure her escape route was free she took aim and shot at the man... even if it missed it's mark it was fine, so long as they noticed. All she needed was a distraction.

From there she headed stright back to her hiding place on the roof, hoping that it hit, but that no-one had seen her.

"Secret." She whispered quickly. "They should be distracted in here for a bit, could I tap you in again and let you cause some more confusion on the security channels, give them a bit of misleading information, otherwise it looks like I can't do much else from here but hide. There guys are everywhere, I can only distract the one warehouse."
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2007, 07:01:35 pm »

"if you could tap into mr boss mans intercom system that would be excellent if i can send most of them round the back we could have some fun, stay hidden and if you see good old felix trying to get out, kill him for me would you?"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum