Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
September 23, 2021, 04:20:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game  (Read 1178 times)
Kentai
Small, Green and Spammish
Global Moderator
Writer

Immortal Until Proven Otherwise

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2007, 11:01:26 pm »

"I shall keep my eyes peeled for you. You'll be in on the Boss' comm as soon as possible, I just gottaa work out which one it is, apart from probably the one with the most security."

The swirling colours once more surrounded Jade's consciousness, she kept her profile as low as possible while looking through the local comm channels, she targeted the highest security ones, and hoped she would get the right one...
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2007, 02:23:27 pm »

Secret: "This is not the first time one of our masters has been sought for assassination.  We are quite skilled at protecting our own.  We will let Master Hong know to keep his head down and that will be sufficient.  We appreciate your information.  I recommend you leave us to our business now."

Jade: The dart you fire strikes home at the base of the neck of the intended target.  The soldier grasps the wound and finds an aerodynamic dart.  He scans the upper catwalks to find the trace of the intrusion, before wavering on his feet and collapsing in a heap.  A fevered round of Cantonese floods radio conversation, as the remaining three soldiers fan out to find the source of the attack.

The Matrix of the dockyard fans out across the field of your digital vision.  A crude rendering of the yard appears beneath the tiger as it let out a roar.  All the Matrix signals appeared as green dots, scattered around the property.  Isolating those belonging to your team, you find 25 other independant signals, representing each individual commlink outside of your own.  Scanning frequencies, you see a faint haze hovering over the node, representing the constant hum of radio chatter.  Focussing in further, six of the dots turn red and link together in a closed circle.  Apparently, these are registered together as a miniature PAN (Personal Area Network) and have linked their commlinks' security together for added fortification against intrusion.  All members of the PAN encircle a warehouse icon of the node.  Hovering over the node, the warehouse is labelled "Warehouse F - Owner:  Unlisted - Contents:  None".
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

pink monkey bird
Novelist

Favorite Genre: poetry

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2007, 11:10:17 am »

to the triad boss
"you're making a big mistake, we're only trying to help, but i suppose some people just don't know whats good for them, goodbye."

to jade
"good news, if you can work out who this man comms to next, i'll bet thats our mark, bad news, he knows your coming, have fun, i'll go for the truck."
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Kentai
Small, Green and Spammish
Global Moderator
Writer

Immortal Until Proven Otherwise

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2007, 02:48:43 pm »

"Sure thing, this is gonna be fun."

She directed her concentration on the signal coming from just near Secret. Sure enough a discrete channel was opened between it and another, the source ofwhich she began to trace, as fast as possible so as not to lose it, most sense of security was gone by now, they knew what was happening most likely, but that didn't stop the mission from being completed.

"Hey guys, you gonna move or all just stand there like dorks and get shot?" She said over a channel between the entire team.
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2007, 09:28:35 am »

secret bowed to the triad leader, "i wish you good luck, and remember what i said" with that Secret strolled away, quickly but not too quickly, heading for the shadows, looking for windows.
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2007, 12:28:45 am »

As Secret heads away, he notices a distinct lack of windows in the warehouse walls.  The only cover around were a few rotting crates and, of course, the fog.

As you turn your back, you hear over the intercepted comm signal, the Triad lieutenant says, "Take them..."
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2007, 10:04:07 pm »

secret ran, hoping that the fog and the shadows would mask him well enough, he ran looking for any way out, preferably up. he searched for trhe same route jade had used.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum