Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
November 29, 2021, 02:15:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Land of Hope and Glory? - Shadowrun Narrative Game  (Read 1186 times)
Rictiovarus
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Dictionaries, Atlasses and Encyclopedia's.

Random bannings for everyone!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 10:07:45 pm »

As the situation spiralled downward into chaos, Blurb sighed. Itwas risky, running with such....irrational runners, but Blurb had no choice. He needed the contacts. Perhaps let the others rush ahead and get themselves killed. He put a friendly smile on his face.

"Then let's be on our way, gents. It's impolite to keep them waiting, right?"
Report Spam   Logged

I feel more than qualified to dish out the above posted poorly conceived and vaguely offensive remark.

Feel free to mock or insult me for any mistakes I choose to make, but I am not in any way responsible for any physical, mental and/or property damage that might occur if you do.

pink monkey bird
Novelist

Favorite Genre: poetry

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 10:38:05 pm »

"acid lotus? rings a bell, didn't they run some protection outfit a few months back?" secret asked nervously, then shrugged and resumed his grin, "don't matter lets get going" he strolled out after Macaulay but fidgeted rubbing his gang-token dog-tags together. then laughed, this would be more fun than he thought.
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Kentai
Small, Green and Spammish
Global Moderator
Writer

Immortal Until Proven Otherwise

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 11:09:51 pm »

Jade scowled and departed with the others. A job was a job, looks like these idiots would settle for 100¥ if they got to blow someone's brains out.

"As for you..." She said to the grinning Secret. "I won't come easy. So don't even think about it. You wanted the money, if it's a **** you're after try the slums." Her metal arm glinted meanacingly as she brushed him aside. A brief look back to implant the image of their employer in her mind was it, and she was out the door, back into the rotten air of the city.
Report Spam   Logged

Canis
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Post-Apocolypse

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 11:26:28 pm »

Memories of the motherland swarmed through his mind, resurrecting nightmares he prayed would stay dead and buried. Shadows of the past flickered behind his eyes as the grisly visage of the ghouls returned. Their vacant stares still haunted his dreams and no amount of alcohol could stave off the memories. The fickle moment passed and Dimitri regained his composure. He was getting use to dealing with it now, a prospect that deeply appalled him. His bloodshot eyes peered over the rim of the dark shades and met the bodyguard’s inquisitive gaze.

“Dalnegorsk” he whispered and walked away before recognition set in. As he turned a mark upon his neck was exposed by the dim light. Scratches of dark ink formed an ashen skull adorned with raven wings and a familiar vacant stare. As Dimitri turned his back on his countrymen he could feel their eyes on the prison tattoo as if the burning needle was carving into his flesh once more.

He paused within the doorway and took a deep breath, inhaling the warehouse scents of rot and mildew before glance over his shoulder at Johnson.

“I’ll get the job done…even if it kills me”

He gave a low grunt of acknowledgment as Macaulay slapped him on the shoulder. Anyone this eccentric was either the best at what he does or a goddamn liability, Dimitri didn’t care either way. He left the company of the others and headed to his vehicle, accompanied by the shrill beeping of the drone as it scurried after him.
Report Spam   Logged
pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 12:17:36 am »

secrets mind raced, there were things going on here that he didn't understand, he didn't like it, the doubt, the thing that plauged even his well diciplined mind returned, he was no runner, he was a street ganger, he had so idealised, the near mythical runners in his head, from the half remembered stories heared as a child, that the all too human nature of them shocked him, even the ones that weren't human. still, he was a street ganger, and he doubted that the death that may await him at the end of the car journey, couldn't be much worse than the death that awaited back home. his eyes fell on Jade, at least he could have a laugh annoying the elf, if nothing else, THAT would be fun. he made his way to the waiting vehicle.
Report Spam   Logged

Dream, there is alot to be said for dreams, even if theres is no chance it will come true. There is comfort in the knowledge you can still dream of it. Nothing great was acomplished without detailed planning, no plan was ever drawn up without a dream of an acomplishment. They did not build the apollo rockets until after man dreamed of reaching out and touching the stars. How? How is irrelevant, as long as there is a why, and the why can be simply "I want to!", the how will be worked out later.
Seer Fox
The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 09:30:54 am »

Macaulay was already in the passenger seat, the chair pushed back as far as it would go and his feet tapping out a tune on the dashboard. He wondered if he had broken into the car or the guy just left it unlocked or something.

Shrugging to himself, he produced a needle, a button and some thread. Taking his jacket off, he went about repairing it, being sure to put a thimble on his thumb, lest he prick it by accident. That would be bad.

“We need some music in here…” He mumbled to himself as tried to get the thread through the needle’s eye, wondering if he should kick the music-player to see if it’d start up.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 04:52:50 pm »

after they all got in the car, secrets smile vannished, this was business this was serious, he had just begun to prepare for pre-battle meditation when a thought struck him.

"umm, an idea where we're going?" secret questioned, "i mean there are hundreds of warehouses in the westway, how will we know wich one it is?"
Report Spam   Logged

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 05:00:35 pm »

'Shadowrunning: Serious Business.' Macaulay thought to himself with a smile before he answered the youth behind him.

"Just my opinion, but maybe y'all shouldn't have followed me to the car while the meeting was still going on. The whole team dissapearing before the target location and drop-off point are given is a bit disrespectful, really."

He hummed a little and returned to his work.

"Not that it matters to me. I'm full of respect, afterall."

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 07:02:04 pm »

"not followed you out? and let you steal the car? anyway, i think we can simply drive around till we see the warehouse with armed guards, and we'll take right here as the drop off point, i just wondered if anyone knew for sure"
Report Spam   Logged

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 07:12:34 pm »

"Me? Steal?" He tsked, though he didn't sound too bothered, "Kids these days'll think anything..."

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 07:47:35 pm »

GOD-MOD TIME!

I'm frankly bored as hell with the complete and utter lack of pace this is going, so I'm officially closing of this chapter off the game.

We are now headed to the site, everybody's coming along, we know where all relevant locations are and Sildarax will now describe the situation near our target.
Report Spam   Logged

I feel more than qualified to dish out the above posted poorly conceived and vaguely offensive remark.

Feel free to mock or insult me for any mistakes I choose to make, but I am not in any way responsible for any physical, mental and/or property damage that might occur if you do.

pink monkey bird
Novelist

oh my my, oh hell yeah

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 09:04:10 pm »

YOU CAN'T DO THAT, for me all the fun is in the little inter party interactions and background, when the party is ready to move on we move on, we've missed out far too much if we just jump from fight to fight.
Report Spam   Logged

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 09:33:52 pm »

I say...HE CAN.

Because waiting for everyone to post is boring. Only you and me do it with any regularity.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 10:01:19 pm »

I'm moving things forward this time... I'd like to see a higher post frequency myself so if we do go off on tangents the time taken to see if it will resolve itself won't be so long.  We'll see how this works out

After the meet and getting the last of the information required, the team headed fro the threshold of the Westway on the western shore of the Thames.  After the Druidic Council's rezoning, much of the southwest quarter of the city was deemed too hazardous for residential use and in places, too toxic even for regular business.  It didn't stop companies from erecting warehouses there in hopes of taking advantage of the cheap real estate.  However, the medical bills soon proved too much and those warehouses were hastily abandoned.

Now these warehouses house the poor who have nowhere else to turn.  The acidic haze that rolls up the Thames pools here.  Many of the residents here can't afford a simple respirator and would die young... if it weren't for the Acid Lotus Triad.  The Triad rules the area and supplies the locals with protection against the pollution, in exchange for their silence.  The Triads store everything here from guns to drugs and those caches are constantly being shuffled throughout the neighbourhoods to keep the cops out of their business.

The area known as Sand's End wasn't always the sty that it is today.  This river coast district was paved over in the 2040's to make way for a new harbour district that never came to be.  Instead it has become a collection of warehouses that smugglers and criminals use to store goods that get shipped up the Thames.  Rumours exist that a shaft into the undercity exists under the asphalt, but if anyone has located it, they aren't telling anyone.

The address provided by the Johnson leads off an industrial road called Bagley's Lane.  A light brown toxic fog curls through the series of warehouses before the team.  It is a complex of about a dozen small warehouses, all controlled by the Acid Lotus.  According to the J's intel, warehouse F is supposed to be where the guns are being stored.  While the fog keeps the visibility low, it hides the likely presence of Triad soldiers that would guard the grounds.
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

Seer Fox
Global Moderator
Novelist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 10:15:35 pm »

Leaping out the window of the vehicle, jacket fixed, Macaulay takes a deep breath of the crisp, foggy air.

“Wo-ACK,” He coughs a bit too loudly, though it only seems to increase his exuberance.

“MAN THAT’S GOOD! Fresh from the Thames! Brings a tear to your eye, it does. Several, if you count the acid in it.” He joked even louder, looking himself over to make sure his suit was close-to serviceable.

He decided it could use some ironing, but otherwise, everything looked to be in good order. He stuffed his hands merrily into his pockets and turned back to the guys and gal in the car/van thing, a huge grin on his face.

“Well, I’m good! Come on fellow Runners, to Warehouse F, and the goods within!”

Without waiting for the others, he began to merrily saunter into the mist, singing what sounded like an old Scottish ditty as he went.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 11:35:45 am »

Seeing Macaulay's merry attitude to the whole sneaking up quietly lark she decided to hang around the vehicle for a bit and let him go off like a beacon and get shot on his own.

"That suicidal idiot is not taking me with him." She muttered to anyone who may care to listen."

She also tied a rag from her top over her mouth and nose to keep out the smog, as they seemed to have no proper masks on them.

"Someone scan the area, thermal imaging, anyone? Let's find out where these guards are and how we can get round them. I don't want to pitch a few of us against an indefinite number of goons."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:27:10 pm by Kentai » Report Spam   Logged

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2007, 11:54:52 am »

Blurb scrambled for his weapon and covered the lunatic Macaulay. Though annoying, and having already lost the element of surprise, it was unwise to let him die that easily.
Report Spam   Logged

Insomniac
Champion Reviewer - Get Off My Lawn!
Novelist

Favorite Genre: Science Fiction, Cyberpunk

Sanity is Overrated

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2007, 12:36:46 am »

As Macauly threw caution to the wind and trotted off into the fog, evidence of activity was growing increasingly prominent.  Quick conversation in Chinese could be heard echoing off the warehouses down the lot.  His cheerful exuberance failed to reveal the presence of nearby soldiers.

Red lines of light crossed from nearby warehouse rooftops, as Triad goons converged from nearby crossroads.  Those at the van could see the laser sight lines converging on Macauly's position, though the eccentric runner seemed totally obvious to the hostiles approaching his position.
Report Spam   Logged

My imaginary friend thinks I have mental problems...

Rictiovarus
Scribbler

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:05 pm »

Blurb searched out the origins of the beams, popping off 3 round bursts in each direction. If  they didn't hit. at least they would force the goon's heads down.
Report Spam   Logged

Kentai
Global Moderator
Writer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2007, 07:22:05 pm »

Sighing, Jade sprinted off into the shadows, hoping to find some cover, and also their target. She ducked into the nearest warehouse. Unsure of which one it was she hoped to find something which would tell her. She looked back to see if anyone else was coming, but couldn't see properly. If Macauly wanted to die, she wouldn't stop him. And what the heck was everyone else doing.

She scanned the place for surveilance gear, but found nothing. This warehouse must be abandoned.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum