Original Writings ~ The Literates Asylum
September 17, 2021, 07:49:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Original Writings, enjoy Smiley.

Home Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  

H2O (what would have become my second book - major WIP)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: H2O (what would have become my second book - major WIP)  (Read 3347 times)
Lord Xalys
Scribbler

Favorite Genre: Hard Sci-Fi, Space Opera, Fantasy

Praise the Fallen

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:37:52 pm »

@ArchonSilderax: Well, as far as I know extreme G's are still troublesome in zero-G conditions. Yes, there is no gravity outside the ship, but if that fighter were to, for example, come from max speed to a dead stop after which it does a 180 and speeds off again, that's bound to crush the pilot in some way. Smiley  That's why you have 'inertial dampening' in several sci-fi works, to compensate for those high G and acceleration thingies. I think you're right in assuming proper restrainment and zero-G can relieve some of the stress on the body, but my idea was to have those black fighters pull such insane stunts that no human could survive it even with restrainment and ID. Anyway, thanks for the comments! I'm very curious about what you all think of H2O so far! Cheesy

@jazen: Thanks! Cheesy  I'm off to Eindhoven tomorrow for the VNV Nation concert coming Saturday, so I'll be back next week. I'll post the rest on Monday then. Wink

LX
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:42:16 pm by Lord Xalys » Report Spam   Logged

"She pulled down her hood, freeing her auburn hair to the wind that had picked up in the last few minutes. Her emerald green eyes saw everything and nothing at once, making her infinitely sad for a fraction of time. And Ava cried." - H.G. Pape

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum